View Single Post
Old Saturday, September 12, 2015

RMKamran will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarah Khan View Post
I am 25 years old woman living in Punjab Pakistan, and I often travel using the public transport.

I have often observed the staff (drivers, conductors etc.) of public transport vehicles misbehave with passengers (use abusive language etc.), especially women. I try to communicate with them as least as possible, but they often misbehave with other ladies, even old women. Moreover, I do expect that this can happen to me as well some day. So I want to do something about it.

So who do they come under? In case of misbehavior with another person, is there something I can do? In case this happens to me, what can I do about it?

We are citizens of a democratic state, so I do think that the law of Pakistan provides us a right to be dealt with in a respectful way. So what are my options in this regard, where can I complain? And if I do, can it be dangerous for me in any way?

Thanks in advance.
Aoa,

ALLAH forbid, in case of any misbehave, give a call to 0800-933-72 . It's a toll-free number to address women harassment. The service has been introduced in collaboration with the 'Enhanced Democratic Accountability' and 'Civic Enhancement (EDACE) and IBEX Global.'

Moreover, go the following link to register online complaint on Chief Minister secretariat complaint cell:

http://www.cmpunjab.gov.pk/OCC/UI/OnlineComplaint.aspx

This is another website of Punjab Police for online complaint submission:

http://punjabpolice.gov.pk/ecomplaint

Don't ever bear any kind of misbehave and beyond limits gestures. You should reply with more courage so that it may clear to such people that you can defend yourself. You can also complain to police personnel and give bus/van registration number in case of any misbehave. In this way that culprit will be arrested.

Always refuse to be a victim, stay safe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Bilal Butt View Post
You can't do anything because there is no such department established which could solve these kind of issues. It happens everywhere all across the Pakistan, you just have to bear it without involving yourself into it as you know that staff mostly is uneducated so how come you expect a good behavior from them. We are living in a so called democratic country where there is no such thing(Law) exists, where ordinary people can't do anything and can't even fight for their basic right.
I strongly disagree with you. How could you let such inglorious people to do whatsoever they want to do ? Don't you think our silence could be dangerous and it makes them more confident ? No, certainly not at all ! We should have to fight against such garbage. God help those who help themselves. If you bear injustice and pain, then you are equally responsible of all those crimes, unlawful and forbidden acts done by them.

You wouldn't have here if your forefathers had bear the fierce blows of the British and the Hindus. So, always fight against offence. Silence and forbearance will make you an easy prey to barbarians.

Regards.
Insaf Sindhu (Monday, September 14, 2015), Zarah Khan (Wednesday, November 25, 2015)