View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 13, 2015

Cogito Ergo Sum will become famous soon enoughCogito Ergo Sum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post
I have the same thoughts bro.. It's a sad and sorry state of affairs here, biggest problem being that most people have got used to this abnormal life and ways here. I don't know, would you be a king in hell or an ordinary person in heaven? Problem is that if you have to live in Pakistan, you have to be a CSS/Army officer or someone very rich/influential or else its a dog's life. But when I look at society as a whole, even if we become CSS officers, the pond is still not clean so how will we be happy and not get dirty. I have invested a lot in my education in UK and I just don't want to waste it. The quality and standard of life abroad is very very good but then the respect, power, prestige, benefits etc of CSS are not there unless you become a citizen and join their service or politics etc.

But don't you think money is very important realistically speaking. The kinds of demands you have to fulfil need a lot of money nowadays. I think doctors earn much more than that over there, much more than engineers but even 10 for an engineer is very good. I think if you have family with you abroad and earning good, then there shouldn't be any problem. As I said above, would you be a king in hell or an ordinary person in heaven? That is the question. Since the 60s and 70s, we are going backwards and I don't see a change for the next 20-30 years. FSP seems like a good one, I agree.
I completely agree when you say that life of an ordinary person here is no better than a dog's life, unfortunately. As I said, if someone has an opportunity to leave, I think he should definitely avail. If you don't have family issues etc, I would recommend you leave CSS and go for a professional job abroad.
kingfalcon (Tuesday, September 15, 2015), Raja Gujral (Sunday, October 11, 2015)