View Single Post
Old Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Muhammad Bilal Butt is on a distinguished road
Default An analysis from an IT person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Now i cant blame the forum that why we can not search urdu texts because hundreds of people here (including me) are those who have not posted in urdu text and this is again the outcome of our system. We have slowly transformed into this version of society. Its not easy to implement change now.. Thats why we are facing high resistance and confusion at every stage. E.g. Nobody knows how to merge english medium with urdu medium. Students of rural areas study science subjects in urdu and those of urban areas study those subjects in english..... No one will accept change easily. Its a big problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Island View Post
Urdu text cannot be searched through Search feature.
Being a computer science student, I could not hold myself back from stepping into the discussion, and thought of adding something from the perspective of technology. The search engine (Google) which we use to search websites, operates on an algorithm (a computer terminology), that only works on the alphabets (or characters in computer science) of English so is case with the forum. It was built keeping English language in mind, but they have started working lately to think of other languages but it's gonna take years long working to provide full fledged working search engine, so you better not to think of something that Google would provide you with at early stage.

Second thing is, though unfortunate, that our contribution in IT is not very impressive to be described. We are just users of the technology, and we do not even think of creating something totally new. So we are highly dependent on technology which are being developed by others, right from the hardware, operating systems, application software to cell phone, google, facebook, etc etc etc.

Both languages, English & Urdu are equally important for us and we can’t even leave either one. Urdu is our national language, and has its own importance, and English is an international language which lets us interacts with the outer world. Not it only lets us interact but most of the academics discipline are produced in English language which require a sound understand of English language to comprehend what was conveyed in written form. To maintain our legacy we need to love Urdu language but to compete in the world we need to learn English because we are not super power which can force others to follow us, since we are not so we have to compromise on certain things and on certain levels.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muhammad Bilal Butt For This Useful Post:
Daisy (Tuesday, September 15, 2015), Umar95 (Sunday, February 21, 2016)