View Single Post
Old Thursday, September 17, 2015

Cogito Ergo Sum will become famous soon enoughCogito Ergo Sum will become famous soon enough
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aik Admi View Post
Alright. JazakAllah everyone for helpful responses, especially Cogito! But Cogito where did you get this? Is it the complete response of the Ex-Examiner? Any more such resources to share?

Anyway, that takes us to the second problem I am facing. Hope you can help. How does one expand a reasonable essay to spread over tens of pages without sounding redundant and stupid?
I had a meeting with this guy. This is pretty much all I got from him. The other stuff he told me was known to me already—things that are common knowledge about essay writing, structure, technique and so on. I asked him if this method of examining the paper was exclusive to him or a general one, followed by every essay examiner. He said that if we exclude individual factors, this is pretty much the standard way.

As for the expansion of an essay, I personally think there is only one way of doing this: choose an essay upon which you have sufficient material in your mind.

This reminds me of another interesting story. A friend of mine appeared in 2012 exam and chose the essay topic in a bit of haste—his choice was dictated by the deceivingly easy appearance of the particular topic. After 1 hour and 20 minutes, he was completely clueless about what to write next! He was out of material in his mind to regurgitate on the paper! In a state of panic, he crossed that essay and began to write another one! He wrote 8 pages, managed to make an outline and furnished the essay with a proper introduction and conclusion as well. After appearing in all the compulsories, he was so disheartened with his essay paper that he didn't even appear in the optionals. 7 months passed quickly, and guess what? Lo and behold, his essay was clear
Aik Admi (Wednesday, September 30, 2015)