View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 11, 2015
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2017 - Roll no. 16770

fawadhash is on a distinguished road

Hello. I haven't made any notes.I have just gone through the books and clarified my concepts in the hope that i will be able to attempt these in paper. For idealism, i have only gone through Joushua's book and read scott burchill portion in idealism. However, i believe that Joshua is enough for idealism, especially if you also take insights for this topic from the economic theory of liberalism. Anyways, i will try to present an outline here.
Liberalism:
Key assumptions-about human nature,international society, rationality, potential for cooperation, secondary role of power, state as not the only important international actor.
Features and tools for proposed liberal international order:
International institutions
Collective security
Free trade-interdependence
Difference between liberalism and neo-liberalism:
Accepting key assumptions about the nature of society and role of state as given in realism.

Anyways, i am open to suggestions to make this outline better.
I think this should be enough to cover the topics of liberalism and neo-liberalism. For neo-liberalism, for the most part, the assumptions change but instruments for achievement of liberal international order stays the same.