View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 13, 2015

mahimalik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamish Bhatti View Post
I am a fresh graduate. I want to appear in CCE as becoming bureaucrat is my dream job. Hopefully I will appear in CSS in 2017. But since graduation I am under tremendous pressure from my family. They want me to pursue my professional career (I am an engineer) or get a scholarship abroad to have a risk free career as according to them CSS is full of risks and what if I failed after whole year's preparation then what would I do.

I want to know your opinion on this. In case if I get selected in this scholarship should I avail it? Or should I pursue my dream job?
I am no expert as I have very little to no knowledge about CSS. I am not sure what engineers do once they clear CSS, like is their job completely different from the field. So pardon my ignorance brother I cannot be of much help regarding CSS. There is a brother on this forum who has done CSS after engineering and is currently posted. I will try to find his profile and let you know as he might be able to guide you better.
Being an engineer however I myself am passionate about engineering so I cannot imagine pursuing a career not related to my field. But that too is my personal choice. When I graduated I asked one of my teachers what I should do, a job or masters. He told me to give myself a little time and take a break for few months after graduation. It will help me clear my mind and figure out what I want from life. And luckily I did realize eventually that a typical 9-5 job is not what I wanted and that I wanted to continue my education. If you get the scholarship I think you should avail it. But again this is my own opinion based on my limited knowledge and understanding. Most important thing you can do is pray and ask Allah pak to guide you to what is best for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to mahimalik For This Useful Post:
Aamish Bhatti (Tuesday, October 13, 2015)