View Single Post
Old Friday, October 23, 2015

Aamish Bhatti is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashaaal View Post
i am sure about the last sentence of second part because i had consulted a book for it. it is correct.
the other query is regarding "not to be blamed". if we change the voice then will it not be counted as a correct one? because there in no grammatical mistake in the correct form.. i am still confused about it.
i am working on the third part.. Aamish you kindly do the fourth part and post it till evening.please
Indeed there is no grammatical mistake in 'not to be blamed'. But where there is no need to change the voice so we should not do it. Only mistake was that 'is' was used instead of 'was'.

I am a bit busy. I may not be able to do fourth part today. But I will surely do it in leisure time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme View Post
Hey,

In the correction for the sentence: He does not care for his money, according to the book Exploring the world of English the correction is as follows: He does not take care of his money.

Care for is problematic when used with his money because generally, care for is used for people. Care about is used for those things that mean important to you. [http://english.stackexchange.com/que...-and-care-for].

Now, I'm not sure exactly in which context this sentence is being used here.
It could mean that money is of no value to him, in which case he does not care about his money is correct.
However, if the sentence is supposed to imply that he does not know how to look after his money (care for=take care of) then the correction take care of would be used. Unfortunately, I can't be sure which correction is the right one.
Sir, 'care for' and 'take care of' is used where we want to say 'Khayal rakhna' and 'care about' is used in the sense of 'fikar hona' or 'Parwah hona'. For example, 'I care for my parents' or 'I take care of my parents' means 'Mein apne walden ka khayal rakhta hun'. 'I do not care about her' means 'Mujhe uski fikar nahi' or 'Mujhe uski parwah nahi'. 'About' will be used. We can't say 'care for money'. 'Care about money' makes sense.

Sir please post the page number of Exploring the World of English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme View Post
Hey,

For the sentence: I am ill for three months,
The correction widely used in books/online is: I have been ill for three months.
Now, your correction is equally valid: I have been ailing for three months, it's simply the present perfect continuous tense which suggests that you were ill 3 months ago and you are still ill now.

Have been ill for 3 months means you were ill 3 months ago but now your illness is over.
'I remained ill for three month' gives the sense that I was ill but now I am fine. 'Have been' is not used in the sense the thing happening is past has stopped. And with 'have been' it is necessary to use present participle verb. Correct sentence will be,

I have been ailing for three months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshadhashmi View Post
For which disease paracetamol is used?

For which disease is paracetamol used?
For which disease paracetamol is used.
Jis bemari k lea paracetamol istemal hoti hai.

For which disease is paracetamol used?
Kis bemari k lea paracetamol istemal hoti hai?

Last edited by Man Jaanbazam; Friday, October 23, 2015 at 03:42 PM. Reason: merge chain posts
The Following User Says Thank You to Aamish Bhatti For This Useful Post:
Mashaaal (Friday, October 23, 2015)