View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Occult is on a distinguished road
Question Congratulations to the qualifiers

First of all, hearty congratulations to all those who managed to ace the written examinations, and good luck for your interviews/selections.

Secondly, candidates who were unable to make it to the list, accept my heartfelt condolences and sympathies (and I expect the same in return). There's nothing more heart-wrenching than flunking the most exalted examination in this country.

I hold no grudge against FPSC, neither do I blame any other entity for my failure. Success is dependent on effort — Sophocles, and it's true to every word.

This time around, I was rather confident of making it through, but I guess I wasn't just up to the mark. As of now, I cannot be sure of why I failed, and am waiting for the DMC to explain it all.
I must have swayed from the most result-oriented of all paths, I certainly would have. My preparation, dedication, and possibly my way of attempting the paper, could have been skewed, but there's one thing of which I was very sure, am very sure, and will remain definitely sure, and that is that it was not Voltaire who said "I disapprove of what you say, but I defend to death your right to say" but Evelyn Beatrice Hall.

There are a couple of my friends who have managed to nail the written exams, but they are also among several hundred others who attribute Evelyn's quote to Voltaire, and have boasted quoting him in the introductory paragraph(s) of their Essay. So, does a widely accepted association hold true with the examiners, even if the association is wrong?
Why? And, does this acceptance of false beliefs apply to all, or most, of the other subjects and examiners?
RMKamran (Tuesday, October 27, 2015)