View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 29, 2015
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 20Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

drvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to alldrvalentino is a name known to all
Lightbulb My Analysis Regarding Scoring Trend in CSS Exam

Analysis Regarding Scoring Trend

This time scoring trend is bit unpredictable and trend is not typical as it used to be in previous years as if one subject is high scoring, 95% of the candidates score high. This time there is up and down in subject scores even they are high or low scoring but overall there are few high scoring subjects i.e. Indo Pak History, Geography, Public Administration, Economics, Philosophy, Forestry, Punjabi and low scoring subjects like Psychology, Persian and others but interestingly there are many candidates who have scored more than 130 marks in Psychology who were well prepared. The reason of low score in Psychology is that everyone who has even done masters in literature has opted Psychology and took classed from those persons who got high score in previous CSS exams and he has no background of Psychology. This is food for thought for all candidates. There are many subjects that are average scoring i.e. Political Science, Islamic History, British History etc. I could not judge scoring trend in Zoology as I have seen two DMC's i.e. of 94 and 153 marks so I believe if someone has attempted good paper of Zoology, he or she must be hopeful.
English
Scoring trend in compulsory subjects is also atypical. In English Essay, either the candidate has secured less than 20 marks or fetched more than 60 marks. Precise paper is also high scoring, if someone has attempted a good précis, he must be hopeful to get 60 plus marks on average.
Every Day Science
EDS trend is normal as it used to be, b/w 60 to 70 average.
Pakistan Affairs
High scoring luckily, up to 76 marks or may be more who knows.
Current Affairs
Average Scoring b/w 45 to 55 but some candidates has managed to score high
Islamiat
It is unpredictable as usual, high and low both. Some candidates scored very high and some candidates very low,
Overall, Compulsory subjects remained more scoring as compared to optional subjects and that is unusual in CSS.
In Punjab, nearly 250 candidates have passed the exam so more competition in Punjab as usual. Interview will play a decisive role in snatching top positions. Good luck for all the candidates.
kouhai (Thursday, October 29, 2015), Mahi Khursheed (Sunday, November 08, 2015), parwarsha (Saturday, November 07, 2015), princeling (Saturday, November 07, 2015), royshahzad (Thursday, October 29, 2015)