View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 29, 2015

Justice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
Some of you have asked me to share my experience. I have already shared it with all of you in another thread, about a month ago. I'm quoting it here because it seems relevant.

My essay did not start with mundane information about how terrorism or human rights can be defined. I didn't even bother with historical significance. My essay was focused on my thesis, which was focused on the topic. I began my essay with an attention grabbing quote from Aimen Al Zawahiri and ended it with an ordinary quote from Winston Churchill. Beyond this I did not use a single quotation or statistic. I tried to maintain good structure, relevance and clarity to the best of my ability. I may have made a few spelling and grammar mistakes, but nothing out of the ordinary. I wrote 2050 words in all, including a 250 word outline. I am expecting 40-45 marks; there's no tax on dreams.
So if that's how you approached it, omitting 'mundane' details...I believe I am on the right track then. I have since the very beginning naturally been oriented to responding to the topic directly, like a discussion.

There should be a contrast between an rigorous, academic and a general essay no? where in the former we include all the mundane details to usually define variable in the context of the working papers, mostly academic research. IF that is not the one major point...it must be one of them majors!

But yes you did define human rights when you mentioned political, social, economic, right to fair trial, right to vote, right to liberty and life etc....but again, that's relevant and makes for the body of your essay! Well done.

Cogito, Lee, Falcon, Aik Admi...did you people include definitions and all the ''mundane'' details in your introduction? and the others who were unsuccessful?
The Following User Says Thank You to Justice For This Useful Post:
Tupac Shakur (Thursday, October 29, 2015)