View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 31, 2015

Wheeler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gintino View Post
For your information, my dear brother, I got my practice essays checked from around 10-15 people, some of them being ex-Examiners and some were CSS qualifiers.

It all boils down to luck and whether Allah has destined it for you or not. It's hard to decipher this system where the top 3 officers from 43rd Common failed to clear the exam this year. It is all dependent on the whims of the examiner. Also, a cursory glance at the previous years' result tells us that there is a fixed pattern that is being followed. Every year, either the Preci or the essay exam is picked up, and simply butchered! A lot of worthy candidates fall short of meeting this senseless butchering criteria. And quite interestingly, when the odds are not stacked against them, they manage to clear the exam.
Thank you for your post.

In 2014,the Essay marks were an exception rather than the norm,because the axe fell on Precis and Composition paper.I have seen people who failed all compulsories in 2014 ,yet they were declared pass in the Essay.So if the top position holders cleared the Essay in 2014 ,it does not mean that they had skill in the art of essay writing.

Whenever the Essay is targetted only the best essays are passed.The results of 2013 and 2015 are a case in point.

As far as your getting essays checked by various teachers and CSPs is concerned, please be mindful of the fact that there are many such teachers who do not have command over English.If they were to appear in 2013 or 2015,I am almost certain they would have failed the Essay.

Sir Manzoor Mirza,Sir Razi Abedi,Sir Muzaffar Bukhari ,Madam Maria and Sir Agha Mohsin are all quality teachers but they seem not to have kept up with the march of time.

Post 2013,the trend has changed.Now the examiners are setting analytical essays and attempting them requires wide reading.For example, in 2014 exam,there were essay topics like postmodernism and Islam and globalisation ; now I do not think the aforementioned teachers know anything about postmodernism or globalisation.The reason is that these are new branches of knowledge.Essay is 60% knowledge in my humble opinion.No matter how many teachers you visit for getting your essays marked,if you do not possess sufficient knowledge and the ability to construct and defend an argument,the chances of your passing the essay are slim.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wheeler For This Useful Post:
royshahzad (Sunday, November 01, 2015)