View Single Post
Old Saturday, October 31, 2015

Mrkhansaab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post
In the end, it's all about "Luck"..!

FPSC has damaged its credibility in the eyes of many people. There is no set standard or criteria for awarding marks, there is no consistency or correlation when you look at various exams/papers.

If they gave rightful marks to everyone and then selected the top 300 or 400 according to aggregate marks, that would've been acceptable. I mean, if 7000 people passed all subjects, so be it, just select the top 400 instead of humiliating and destroying the self-esteem of so many people. Don't do injustice, practice merit.

Problem is that we are confusing merit with justice. Justice is supreme, merit comes later.
I am not saying you're wrong; in fact part of me agrees with you wholeheartedly.

All I am saying is that there is no reason to be upset. It's a waste of time to hold ill feelings towards anything or anyone, especially if there's nothing you can do about it.

Holding on to words like 'justice' and waiting for retribution in any sense will not solve anything. On the contrary, it'll leave you miserable, and ultimately you'll be at a loss and no one else.

Godspeed, friend.
kingfalcon (Saturday, October 31, 2015)