View Single Post
Old Saturday, November 07, 2015

Sheharzaad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohailkt View Post
Yes the following formula is correct but it needs a little bit elaboration.

30% aggregate of the last Three degrees are counted upon.
If qualification for a post is set to only to graduation then aggregate of Matric, FSc, BA will be counted upon.

And in this case if a person holds higher qualification he will be given One(1) extra mark.

Example

580/850 in Matric
710/1100 in FSc
310/550 in B.A

Aggregate will be 580+710+310/850+1100+310=1600/2500*30=19.2 which will be rounded to 19. If the aggregate falls as 19.51 it will rounded to 20 marks and if it falls as 19.49 it will be counted as 19.

Now for extra qualification candidate is awarded extra mark. So if you hold masters degree your academic aggregate will be 20 marks and likewise extra marks for extra qualification.

Now if requirement of a post is Master Degree so marks of FSc, B.A and M.A will be used for aggregate and extra marks will be awarded in case M.S.

60 Marks are for interview and it plays a decisive role in selection. 35 marks are needed to pass the interview falling below will mean that a chance is availed and two more times you can appear before interview panel for that respective scale job. i.e One chance on BPS-17 will counted and only two more chances can be availed. But if the said interview is passed then there is not limit to appear for interview in BPS-17.

Also it is considered that test marks are only meant for shortlisting and it plays no role but it does. Test marks make a good impression on the interview panel and it is also used in determination of Seniority List.
As much i know Interview marks + Test marks are used to determine your seniority for promotion and it is compiled by commission, sent to the department where a candidate has been recommended.

Government experience is counted upon and it do have its marks, as i know, and for other experience i am not sure.
Thanks dear for the elaboration luckily i happened to visit kppsc and they had uploaded the marking criterian.The link to the criterian is
http://www.kppsc.gov.pk/downloads/fi...g%20System.pdf