View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 19, 2015

Aamish Bhatti is on a distinguished road

Leave Pakistan is not a syndrome. Those who are sincere with you and who have experienced the harshness of this system will advise you to leave Pakistan if you can.

I have suffered a lot in this Pakistani system. Until a year ago I was thinking to leave Pakistan. It was not a difficult task. I could have escaped this system but I thought what actually Pakistan is. Is it a piece of land? No. My family, friends, relatives and the people of my village are Pakistan. They are suffering in this country and they will be suffering in this country forever. I asked myself would I be able to listen to their miseries on Skype while sitting in a foreign land? No.

I chose to bear the pain. I chose to live here and decided to become bureaucrat so that I may save all these people from Pakistani system.

I am patriot. I do not love this piece of land. But I am in love with its culture, with its people. I decided to become shield for them.

If you care about yourself and your immediate family then it is better to leave this country. But if you are ready to sacrifice your life and struggle for people around you then you should live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfalcon View Post
Dear all,

Recently I have noticed a phenomenon quite a lot. I call it leave the country syndrome. Whether it is Pakistan or India, anybody who talks differently from the mainstream discourse or points out flaws and problems is told to leave the country. I have lived in the west and never did I observe such a thing, people would discuss various ideas, learn from others and try to have a healthy debate about various issues. They would openly point out any flaws in their system and publicly disagree with anyone if needed. But in Pakistan, I have been told many times to leave just because I pointed out some bitter flaws and introduced new and better ideas. So many good people have left Pakistan for these reasons.

If we do this, do you expect others not to do the same e.g Shahrukh Khan was recently told to leave India and go to Pakistan just because he said there is a lot of intolerance in India, similarly racists in the west might tell immigrants to go back to their country whereas everyone is an immigrant on this planet.

Is this plain intolerance of others' views and ideas or is it something much more sinister? Ironic thing is we are moving backwards in time, human progress is not merely physical, it is also mental and social. Research oriented and objective analysis will be highly appreciated.
If you are pointing out flaws in the system that simply means you have started suffering here. Those who are advising you leave the country exactly know that it is really difficult to change the system here and trying to change the system may be even more painful experience for you. So they have advised you to leave the country. It is for your good, not because of difference of opinion.

Westerns point out flaws in their system to make it even better. And it is possible over there to change the things according to will of people. But you are living in Pakistan King Falcon. Yahan Tabdeeli Pata Nahi Kab Aaegi.

Last edited by incounternable; Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 07:57 PM. Reason: chain posts merged
The Following User Says Thank You to Aamish Bhatti For This Useful Post:
kingfalcon (Friday, November 20, 2015)