View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 19, 2015

Wandered is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zainab S View Post
Hey Hazelnut,
I write almost the same way as you. Conventional style also bores me and I am more interested in reading narrations/unconventional styled stuff than conventional paragraphs.
I am glad you started this post cause I was wondering about the same thing.
I haven't attempted css yet so I can't say for sure, but there are all sorts of examiners who check papers. In my university, for instance, some teachers were only after the ideas of students and how strong their arguments were regardless of how simple/complicated their sentence structures were and some were interested in how many statistics can one student churn out in his essay (which turned essays more into statistics reports). So everything is on the table and yet not on it. (Schrodinger style)

I am trying to ask some English teachers what they think about essays, whatever I find, I'll post it here.
@exclusively, This is not my style of writing. However, I agree with wandered. While reading your paragraph, I had to pause at few points and re-read sentences.
For instance, "weed out earthquakes" is wrong. (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/weed+out) It doesn't work here. Prevent is far better.
Wandered suggested rest of the issues.

Hope it helps.
Are you people sure about starting an Essay from a narration or by bringing some example and implying the main Idea from that example. I mean you must ask some expert before using it straight away.

Actually, there is nothing right or wrong while writing an Essay. As long as you keep yourself aligned to your main subject and write coherently there should be a no problem but this is not particularly true in the case of CSS.

Few teachers have told me that examiners are hard bound to the conventions and outrightly rejects anything written out of that particular design or scheme they have in their minds. That is why this trend of using difficult vocabulary is always in vogue because examiners often mistook verbosity as one's general ability to address an issue effectively. They often prefer lexicon over creativity.
So please don't do this injustice to yourself. they can waste your whole attempt for just thinking out of the box.
All of you who want to adopt modern textures clearly shows that you are perfectly familiar with the way, articles and essays are being written worldwide. It also shows that you have a writer's penchant in yourself. But please please avoid it. sacrifice your creativity atleast for this one paper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wandered For This Useful Post:
hazelnut (Friday, November 20, 2015)