View Single Post
Old Friday, November 20, 2015
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Nazish Hina is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Thanks all for response. I had joined an academy for CSS. i showed my teacher this intro for UNSC essay
"the wounds were still fresh. Humanity was still aching of the unforgettable suffering the second world war caused.And in San Francisco,behind the close doors,those who felt the need to never let another war happen, sat.Finally, they reached their conclusion and the UN was formed. the makers of UN envisioned an international organistaion to save the future generations from the scourage of wars. They drafted an impeccable charter and erected an exceptional organistion. But......."
Rest is the outline of essay. so he did nt reject it right away and said i am getting your psychology. But did nt encourage me as well and told me to play safe. so lets read between the lines and go more the conventional style
I think that starting with an anecdote is an excellent idea. You need to hook the reader into reading the essay. Although I didn't like the abrupt ending.
Quote:
But then as the news of the catastrophe spread, gradually the saviours started coming to rescue.The question here arises that when will we as a nation learn disaster management?
Otherwise it is brilliant.
The introductory paragraph must have a something to draw the reader in. Your story is great it gets the attention immediately and it will stand out.
According to the essay writing course I took at coursera.

A good hook: (An introduction)
1- Attracts the reader
2-Creates interest
3- Makes the reader want to continue.

A hook can be:

• A surprising statement
  • A story/anecdote
  • Questions (But be careful, they sometimes give the impression that the writer doesn't know much)
  • Quotation(But not a popular quotation and not an irrelevant one)
P.S: I have not taken CSS exam even once yet! So, these tips come with a warning to use at your own risk.

hazelnut (Saturday, November 21, 2015)