View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Sanjha is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your reply.
I've written a very simple essay according to my level.
I'll be thankful for your feedback.

One role of media is that of the opinion formation, which is why journalists today are at par with showbiz personalities when it comes to earning. They can mould the views of people in desired direction with their strong communication and convincing skills. Because of possessing this ability/skill, this is not any hidden fact that many among these journalists and even TV channels are sold for raising/elevating one’s reputation and vice versa. This is same sort of advertisement with respect to purpose where companies use to spend huge portion of their profits on advertising of their products with a little difference of ‘type of advertisement’, because these personalities don’t hire advertising agencies for their promotion rather the TV channels’ owners or the key journalists.
Media has become readily available source of entertainment for public. Movies, TV dramas, music shows, reality shows, game shows, talk shows (political or Social) and morning shows have filled the lives of people with the colors of rainbow. Some of the people are annoyed by this, but many are entertained and believe it to be very important for their daily life routines. Women in Pakistan have beneficiated by this because here in our country, females remain in home usually and have no or a few entertainment opportunities. So, media has became a great source of entertainment for them.
Media has lessened the distances. Cable/satellite TV enables now to watch the different news channels of different countries. Take an example of Indian channels being watched in Pakistan, or the Turkish Dramas telecasted on some of the Pakistani channels. Both are liked and watched with great interest and have become the subject of talks of households. This has brought people of those nations closer by knowing and then adapting the culture of one another’s. Face book is another good example for such interaction that is just not the source of entertainment but information and communication as well.
Media plays role of an educator for a society. Education must not, always be confused, and associated with schooling. Key purpose of education is learning of knowledge, skills and Dos and Don’ts of life which may later help in governing individuals on right track of life. Media is rightly fulfilling the role of an educator. Nowadays, there are so many informative programs on TV, and articles in newspapers on almost every topic of public interest i.e. education, health issues, global affairs, economics of country and much more. Those, in want of good stuff can approach desired sections of newspaper to fulfill their need, and watch informative news channels. Thus, people, who don’t get opportunity to seek formal education, can greatly benefit from this.