View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Aamish Bhatti is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
I spent about 6 months studying various subjects just to determine which ones to select for my actual attempt. Among the subjects that I finished but didn't select were International Law, International Relations, Political Science and Public Administration.

In the 20 months that went to actual studying, I read a lot of stuff that wasn't even directly related to CSS. Things like blogs, journals and academic papers seemed more interesting compared to the actual syllabus. I read numerous books on Pakistan's history written by authors from different countries since they all have their own perspective and their unique insights. I read books on Pakistan by American, British, Chinese, Russian, Indian and Pakistani authors.

Also, those 6 hours a day include a couple of hours each day for watching lectures, debates, documentaries and seminars on different topics. Call me slow, but I like to take my time. There was hardly any studying in the last 3 months, it was all practice sessions.
You are a perfectionist. It is easy to merely pass exam but to develop skills and broaden one's horizons one needs to adopt the approach that you adopted. I like your strategy and I will follow it. Instead of failing or falling in undesired group, one must work hard to ace the exam.

How much time did you devote to essay writing during your preparation period?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aamish Bhatti For This Useful Post:
marianaz (Sunday, December 13, 2015), Tupac Shakur (Wednesday, December 02, 2015)