View Single Post
Old Sunday, December 06, 2015

safeer khan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
What was the view of Socrates? Write explicitly!

Socrates view “The unexamined life is not worth living” (This sentence has to be included in introductory paragraph” along with further explanation

So many views on life. (that's good only if you also state that which one would you follow in the essay)

The fundamental point I have to convince the examiner that “how life throws lemon and one should make it lemonade rather than giving up” hence, keeping this factor into consideration I reckon I have shown various dimensions which covers the preliminary gist of essay; however, in-case you find it not satisfactory then kindly rectify it along with necessary alteration so that I could get exact idea that where I am missing exactly.

Adhered to the principles... (which principles?, principle of determinism, YES). Determinism to precede Pakistan Movement under hardships and sufferings to get independent state. YES, It was not clear before.

Why portray Hitler as a good fella?

Well, I think it will not offend examiner as long as one is stick with balanced approach. Besides, I reckon this is not about Hitler`s goodness or evil side. It is actually about what hardships with which he has gone through and how his life transforms into chancellorship out of difficulty.

I may be wrong but, my this statement is based on following reasons,

1)In my 2014 essay attempt I straightaway started with Hitler`s Quotation taken from his book Mein Kampf (My struggle ) and obviously examiner started that essay with Hitler`s quote and I secured 45 marks.

2)Secondly, European History, International Relations and even mcq`s contains Hitler`s foreign policy and about his life etc. It is therefore, if one is not taking a side of his evil acts and taking the line of neutrality then I think examiner would not feel offensive.

3)Thirdly, Hitler`s book MEIN Kampf which he wrote while he was in prison. If offence was the case then his book suppose to be banned, whereas it is available almost all part of the world which I guess nothing to do with offence.

4)Lastly, Yes, Hitler has evil side as well; but one can not deny the fact that, Hitler covers the major chunk of history since his birth 1889, till World War 2 which can not be ruled out.

I welcome any suggestion and alteration, as we all are learning and it is good for us in exam`s point of view as well so please do correct me if i am wrong.
Well, it seems like you have enough evidence to support your claim about Hitler. It's nice. Go ahead, it will certainly impress the examiner as it has impressed me.

But using more familiar examples is better than using those which are not so well known publically. The paper checker will be, most probably, MA in English literature not European history. So whenever you quote such examples give proper references in the body of the essay.

You might successfully justify that how so many outlooks on life support your argument, but in the outline they are rather confusing me. It's a matter of practice and also of the nature of the topic. It is one of those topics in which explaining the idea in outline is a bit complex. (check my outline and tell me about your opinion. Have I successfully exposed the topic in the outline?)

And you don't have to tell the examiner in detail that
How life throws lemon,
Just briefly explain it and move to the essence of the essay that is "making lemonade".

Finally, which was the first point of our discussion, you have only written "the idea of Socrates on life". That creates ambiguity in the outline as long as one don't read your introduction. Outline must stand alone.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk