View Single Post
Old Wednesday, December 16, 2015

awaisnaveed is on a distinguished road
Default Merits / Demerit of Accounts Assistant Post

I have recently resigned from Wapda power wing as Accounts Assistant after serving 6 years. I am in a better position to highlight the some important points about the selection and merits and demerits of this post.
Higher qualification has extra marks in interview which gives benefit to higher qualifiers, therefore, chances of B.com degree holders reduces despite having good marks in written test.

Merits of Accounts Assistant.
I. You’ll be pure WAPDA employee rather company employee as in FESCO, LESCO , NTDC , GENCOs etc.
II. The case for up gradation of Accounts staff (A/A BPS-14 to 16) is in the pipeline since 6 years due to some reasons which may be settled any time. This will give a very good opportunity because not only current scale will be upgraded from BPS -14 to BPS -16 but also promotion will be in BPS-17.
III. There is no chance of privitisation of wapda because only important institutions are remained in wapda.
IV. Relax job, generally no heavy work load especially after appointment of fresh Accts Assistnts
V. Great opportunity to utilize free time to prepare for other tests / study to get officer job.
VI. You can be promoted upto Director in BPS-19 till retirement if you pass promotion tests successfully.

Demerits of Accounts Assistant
I. Promotions are purely on merit base which discourage the efficiency. Talented employees like ACMA, MBA Finance are not given priority in promotion. Employee having BA, B.Com, and MBA, ACMA will be given same status in promotion. You can never be promoted unless your senior is not promoted. Since last year promotion examination upto BPS-16 has been exempted which is a bad thing for higher degree holders. Promotion examination gives a little bit edge to talented employees.
II. The most important demerits which most of the candidates may be ignoring at that time is transfer because most of the posts are in Wapda House Lahore in Punjab and others are in KPK and even tribal areas as at warsak etc.
III. Most of the employees have to forego their promotion due to posting at outstation. A colleague of mine forego three times due to this reason and his fourth turn is on this time for promotion.
IV. Promotion is very slow generally after 10 years you may be promoted in BPS-16 as per present scenario, Accounts Assistant appointed in 2007 are not promoted yet in Power wing and in water wing promotions are more slow than Power wing.
The Following User Says Thank You to awaisnaveed For This Useful Post:
Manzoor Aliiii (Wednesday, December 16, 2015)