View Single Post
Old Friday, December 18, 2015
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

imbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of lightimbindas is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonconformist View Post
MOD is best option considering power, prestige and social environment of pakistan... second thing grade 17 has its own charm... only grade 17 is recognized as officer and below it are clerical staff. Third, number of seats for sindh are higher in MOD. Forth, in MCQ based paper luck always cheats intelligent candidates. Fifth, Mod offer much bette even double salary package, Sixth, Promotions are raped in MOD. Grade 18 promotion likely in 4-5 years, whereas my personal known friend in FIA inspector are not promoted since last 15 years. Seventh, ISI name is enough in itself to prove worth...
O bhai jan, bhai jan. I am Assistant Collector (Tehsildar), two friends of mine, one is AD FIA, and other AD ISI, both are ready to swap their services in return for a job of naib-tehsildar or even Inspector in customs. kahan rhty o app bhai?
FIA is powerful only in immigration when you serve in airport (Isb and karachi especially), the rest is fill in the balnks. AD ISI has handsome pakage but no authority at all, he is no more than a reporter, has no power to arrest or even pursue any case, just reporting, while the real power stays with army personals in ISI, and regarding promotion, it takes 15 years to get promoted to next rank. My friend was selected AD ISI in 2004-5, and Still he is AD ISI, hopefully he will be promoted to BPS-18 till 2018.

But if you have to choose between fia and isi, i will prefer even Inspector FIA over AD ISI, atleast he has some power and enjoys independence in his field of work.
I hope that helped you.
I am here by no way discouraging you guys, anyone who is jobless must go for it, but if someone thinks that by joining ISI as civilian, he can have the same powers as the military lot, he is living in a fool's paradise. If your motive for joining ISI is handsome pakage, then it's ok, but still it will cost alot. more importantly AD ISI gets extra 10 thousand risk allowance per month, which means that his salary is 10 thousand more than other jobs of same BPS-17 I(which i believe is nothing). Their life is though, and it hurts to live a life of a soldier without being recognized as one (bloody civilian)

Regards.
informer59 (Friday, December 18, 2015), mehsud52 (Saturday, December 19, 2015), Sabir Basheer (Friday, December 18, 2015)