View Single Post
Old Monday, May 05, 2008

Diploma Holder Khoso is on a distinguished road
Post Our Proud Politicians!!!

Politicians are like a superstitious metal having outer layer of gold and inner one of coal!! People say that!!! Well! as for as resemblance of this definition with that of our Pakistani politicians is concerned I am afraid to say that it completely fits with most of our politicians, who patently pretend to be the true representative of the people but intrinsically they just want to extinguish there lust for power by deceiving common people by false pledges and promises of prosperity, employment and provision of basic infrastructure.
Let’s consider the deeds of our politicians in the light of the original definition of Politics; POLITICS is basically a Greek derivate of word politikos, from politus ‘citizen’, from polis ‘city’. Interpretably saying politics is social phenomena to resolve the issue concerned to the common people, Greek people living in there towns used to gather on a particular place and discussed over the major issues faced by the inhabitants of that particular town, as result of the meeting different people were given the responsibilities.
It is same as much but the cause and the attitude of the participants have changed to a great extent. Meeting places are called assemblies these days and issues under consideration are different from that of Greek’s. Our assemblies have become a sort of battle fields for opposition and establishment where so called-``people’s representatives`` take on each other by baptizing and despising each other. Instead of talking over problems of common people they just blame each other of being the real obstacle in the cause of restoration of democracy. Have anyone of you ever heard of an assembly being convened for cause of the people, for the interest of people, for the benefit of the common people, has an assembly ever convened for cause of destitute people, for the cause of justice, for the cause of emancipation of people from capitalism, emancipation of people from feudalism, emancipation from terrorism, emancipation from inflation, from poverty, from persecution and ignorance?????
You know why???? Because they are not aware of the problems of the common people. Most of our politicians belong to royal families where they are provided with every facility of the modern life, they study abroad, they live in luxurious bungalows, servants serve them, and they are cured by foreign doctors. 40 lakes for treatment of a tooth. Can they feel the pangs of a cobbler who merely earns 70 rupees a day and feeds his numerous children????? Can they feel the pangs of parents of those children who collect papers from the road??? Can they feel the pangs of a farmer whose prepares his fields by perpetual physical toil and finally sees devastation of it due to absence of water?????
The future is always in your hands my friends, coz we are who chose them as our leaders not even taking in consideration there background the result is exploitation, inflation, unemployment, poverty and a long list of problems. Believe me everyone here in our country is sick of these politicians!! One can ask a question that if people are sick of them then how they come to power? The answer is simple that our people actually are straightforward they are blown by the personality of the politicians, they trust them they hope that they would do goods, they are kind of beaten by the evil eloquence of politicians during the election campaign, I am afraid to say that people here choose their leader on the basis of personality instead of performance, they don’t even dare to ask them that what had you done when u were in the power last time.
Just slogans don’t bring changes for a nation, slogans don’t change futures, mere personality is not a good choice, a personality without performance is airplane without a pilot!!!
The international world is on the apex of the development, no need to go far away take an example our neighbor country Iran, they are developing by leaps and bounds especially in the field of atomic energy, even the USA and European Union are unable to deteriorate them from their program, their President Ahmedinijad is said to be a son of a goldsmith from Tehran, Ahmedinijad was made Mayer of Tehran he changed the look of Tehran entirely, as a result he became the Presidential candidate for the first time and consequently became the President and now the man has put Iran amongst the most powerful countries in the atomic race. He was not a renowned personality and didn’t have political background, contrary to his rivals like Hashmi Rafsanjani who was renowned personality along with many others in presidential run, But why did people preferred Nijad over others was the fact that Nijad had performance while others had mere personality and people of Iran, where literacy rate is about 85%, know the differences between personality and performance……………But we don’t care we don’t… u know because we believe in political pedigrees, so what if one has plunged treasury of country,??? So what if one is corrupt??? So what if one has made a mess of country’s economy???? So what if one is an international criminal????????? We don’t care we don’t … The thing that matters is he is famous personality he became prime minister before, he would bring prosperity,,, only “he”,,,,, no one else,,,,,, what a new man who has just entered the political arena can do for us??????? Politics is not a child’s play………. So we would stick to the old tigers even if these tigers victimize ourselves!!!!!!!
It looks nearly impossible for our people to bring about any change in their selection of leaders, as a result politicians are also not gonna bring about any change to their attitude.
So only a miracle can change our people, and unfortunately miracles don’t occur where people wait for them to occur!!!!
Finally I would like to invite each and every one of you to think about solution, I would be very thankful to you for finding a solution for this vexed problem! And sharing it with me!!!!
Thanks a lot for giving me your precious time!
God bless you…..
God bless Pakistan…..