View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 24, 2015

R3b3l is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliksaim View Post
The "speed of light" question was:`
The train is moving at 100kph. Speed of light is 300,000kph. At what speed is the source of light in front of the train moving toward the bend ahead?

The source of light is the lamp or the head light which is giving out the light. They didn't ask about the speed of the light being emitted from the lamps. So the answer was "None of these" because the lamp was travelling at 100 kph, just like the train.
Exactly. It was the source and not light itself. Even if it had been the light, the answer would have been 300,000 and not 300,0100 as the speed of light remains constant according to einstein's theory of relativity.
eds portion was badly set, for example, in dams, the principle employed to generate electricity is to convert the gravitational potential energy of water into its kinetic energy. This option was there but I chose the option K.E to electricity which though is less commonly used when talking about hydro dams but seemed more close as it explained the end processes.
P.E----->K.E----->Mechanical energy------->Electrical energy
the question with reference to vacuum was also puzzling. it was something like that: the air inside a vacuum cleaner is............. with respect to atmosphere. Now two options, 'vacuum' and 'at low pressure', equally fit the answer, knowing that a perfect vacuum is impossible to achieve but the terminology is often used when pressure is significantly low and the other option 'at low pressure' is also not good enough since the pressure should not be just low but significantly low to generate suction effect but still it was technically correct . so my gut feeling triumphed over my knowledge and I went for the vacuum option keeping in view that it was EDS and not engineering paper, and the name is "Vacuum cleaner".
similarly, the thrust option of airplane engine though works against drag but at the same time, it helps in increasing the lift as well since the air speed around the wings increases with engine thrust and hence increased pressure difference results in lift.
The Following User Says Thank You to R3b3l For This Useful Post:
QWAimal (Thursday, December 31, 2015)