View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 26, 2015
43rd CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 27

daniyalahmed is on a distinguished road

The observations raised here are valid. A 'test' has to be reliable in order to be correct. For instance, if you need to have your glucose monitored, a good device would be the one which would give the same reading over a period of time. This is called reliability of the instrument. In our example if the machine gives varying readings every time, we will lose confidence. The sad reality is that FPSC needs to reevaluate the selection criteria. Mediocre students riding their luck manage to perform well in one examination but fail miserably in the next. Tragically, competent ones are left in the lurch because average minds somehow get through. The whole testing process has to be more scientific and transparent. FPSC should disclose the basis on which marks are awarded in written and interview. There is too much arbitrariness, too much opaqueness and 'luck factor'. I feel sorry for all those people who burn the proverbial midnight oil and see such outrageous outcomes. My commiserations are with you and I stand with you on this very just cause.
azmatullah (Saturday, December 26, 2015), Bakht yar (Sunday, December 27, 2015), kingfalcon (Saturday, December 26, 2015)