View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 26, 2015
43rd CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 27

daniyalahmed is on a distinguished road

Also, you should raise this issue at the highest forum. After all this is about your future. I have taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) thrice. I secured more or less the same number of marks in every attempt. This is called a 'reliable' test. In CSS, a person tops in one year and fails miserably in the next. What is this? Is this a joke? You are supposed to hire the crème de la crème of this country. The selection process is haywire, devised by people who have no idea of recruiting. It is anachronistic and out of sync with modern realities. This issue should not be brushed under the carpet, I also disagree with worthy forum members who are exhorting us to forget about the loopholes within this system. No, we have to fight and ensure that the system is judicious. This country needs people with competence and not with luck. My humble recommendations are as follows:

a. A panel of examiners should be groomed.
b. They should be trained, just like examiners of O Levels, A Levels, GRE and other international exams
c. Independent auditors should certify the quality of this exam
d. Examination reports be published, they should be clear and simple.
e. Each paper should be checked by two examiners.
f. The question paper should be scientifically tested before administration.
g. A high powered committee should keep a track of people eventually selected. It should try to answer the question, " Are we hiring the right people for the right job?"

The competitive examination forms the backbone of any country. The civil servants formulate and assist in policy making. Tragically, Pakistan is at the lowest ebb of all indicators because are civil servants are incompetent. It's high time for us to discard a broken system and ensure means whereby talented, competent people enter services.

Last edited by daniyalahmed; Saturday, December 26, 2015 at 11:15 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daniyalahmed For This Useful Post:
Aik Admi (Saturday, December 26, 2015), alisaeed01 (Wednesday, October 23, 2019), aneelbachwani (Thursday, December 31, 2015), azmatullah (Saturday, December 26, 2015), kingfalcon (Saturday, December 26, 2015), tanker (Saturday, June 18, 2016), wellington (Saturday, December 26, 2015)