View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 29, 2015

zunair888 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakengr View Post

Question was: Electron Volt is unit of?
Ans: Energy.
Other options were Power, Electron Volt,None Of these
Yes, you right........but in other options potential difference was a option......................therefore someone did not agree with me.........and said question was unit of potential difference...............i picked energy

In physics, the electron volt (symbol eV; also written electronvolt) is a unit of energy equal to approximately 1.602×10−19 joule (symbol J). By definition, it is the amount of energy gained by the charge of a single electron moved across an electric potential difference of one volt.

Quote:
Question was which one of the following experiment explain the wave nature of Electron..
Ans: Davison- Germer Experiment.
yes. you 100% right......

Clearly written in F.Sc book chapter 19.

Now what is your estimate?

Originally Posted by zunair888 View Post
photoelectric effect
In photoelectric effect, emission of electrons depend upon intensity of light, and energy of electrons depend upon frequency of incident light.

Electron combines with positive particle to render in neutral.

and one question was about compton shift(scattering of x-rays) was in this paper?
Quote:
Emission of Electron depends upon frequency of light.. No matter how much intensity of light you project upon a material, electron will never come out until the frequency of incident light will be greater or equal to threshold frequency.
I copied this statement from open book of F.Sc physics chapter 19.....is statement in book is wrong?

In the photoelectric effect, light incident on the surface of a metal causes electrons to be ejected. The number of emitted electrons and their kinetic energy can be measured as a function of the intensity and frequency of the light.
the kinetic energy of the electrons is linearly proportional to the frequency of the incident radiation above a threshold value of ν0 (no current is observed below ν0), and the kinetic energy is independent of the intensity of the radiation.
the number of electrons (i.e. the electric current) is proportional to the intensity and independent of the frequency of the incident radiation above the threshold value of ν0 (no current is observed below ν0).

Do you know? what was exact question and their options?
one option was incident light intensity and light frequecy