View Single Post
Old Friday, January 01, 2016

Bonaparte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlo View Post
A few things more.
You do all this brainstorming as a rough work, on the very last few pages of the answer book, even you can do this on 4, 5 pages. during this process, try to bring out all relevant material onto the page. Analyse every point whether it relates to the topic or goes in a bit digression. Also try to bring out any relevant quote if you can. However it does'nt matter if can't manage any quote in your essay; your idea on the topic is given the supreme value. Now if you think that you have produced the best possible outline, try to make it neat in 5 minutes. If making outline takes you even one and a half hour, you can still write your essay in the remaining half period. The examiner is more interested in quality work. So dont worry about length. Most of candidates write about 15-page essay and succeed given the measure of relevance of your idea.
Well said and very helpful tips indeed. I have a question that , if one use relevant quote in the beginning of outline related to controversial figure such as, Adolf Hitler from his book Mein kampf. Will it be acceptable or considered as an offence? I am asking because some forum members disagree and advised not to incorporate quote in relation to Controversial figures.

It is therefore, I will be very thankful to you if you could please guide me.

Thank you very much.