View Single Post
Old Friday, January 01, 2016

eshklock is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlo View Post
Good discussion. I also add here.
First of all select a wide range of topics. Write them on a page. Take out that page. Select a topic. Set a time duration of about an hour. Make sure you complete your outline in that stipulated time-frame. Now, try to understand the demand of the topic. A quotational topic is always tricky; try to find out what the examiner asks you. Once you become clear about the crux of the topic, make a thesis statement. Now your main heading should be based on the demand of the topic. If you successfully build the main heading and give enough but relevant material, i assure you will pass. However, if your main-heading goes irrelevant, you'll be in trouble.
Another thing to keep in mind; a quotational essay does'nt usually ask you to write causes, consequences, suggestion. It rather wants you present a relevant, organised idea that can adequately answer the topic.
Thanks a lot Mr. Metlo for your detailed reply. However, I'm still a bit confused. Your advice will be very helpful for an essay. But, If the essay statement is like " When life throws you lemons , make lemonade " or " Anticipation is often greater than realization " how am I supposed to know what the examiner is asking me or what is the crux of the topic?