View Single Post
Old Sunday, January 17, 2016

kingfalcon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
Would you like to explain me democratic values,educating people and economic liberty in particular.With each passing day corruption is rampant and economic disparities are self evident,besides poor parliamentarians who are stunningly illiterate.Is it democracy.At least Musharraf has establishment NAB.Dear socioeconomic strata of Pakistan is very complex, we ought to introvert first before becoming a lame duck as which ideology works best and why?
Because in Pakistan system is so entrenched with corruption and nepotism that im afraid to say that our democracy is even worst than dictatorship.
By the way in india there never did happen to have dictatorship despite of having 70plus old years.This culture is not developed than how you can expect that it works for Pakistan.

Apology for my diversion.
Ursula you have good points but I would like to say that the kind of democracy you see nowadays in Pakistan is not the democracy I am talking about, in fact you are right, it is not a proper democracy and worse than a benevolent-dictatorship e.g in UAE or Singapore. Thing is, parliamentary democracy based on British lines is very advanced for our society, we have to evolve to that level and education/awareness will play a key role in making that kind of democracy implemented here, it is happening but slowly, the media and internet has made people aware and connected with the world so they know what is good and what is bad. Another thing, India after partition tried to control its feudalism and civilians consolidated control over the military whereas in Pakistan, it was mainly the feudal establishment that was the engine of Muslim League and Quaid-e-Azam died very early so he couldn't put the country on the right track, it is just like when a child becomes an orphan at an early age and then we had security issues with India so that further messed up things. Becoming an orphan and then an enmity (dushmani) combined with the unfortunate era of 70s and 80s really hampered our healthy growth as a progressive and democratic society.
The Following User Says Thank You to kingfalcon For This Useful Post:
ursula (Monday, January 18, 2016)