View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 24, 2016

SYED KAMRAN ALI SHAH is on a distinguished road
Default Public holiday on Holi and Easter

What you people think about public holidays on the events of Holi, Ester etc?? I think we have already umpteen number of holidays and we cannot afford a lot more because it will have bad effects on over economy. But when i think about right of minorities, my thoughts get changed. As we are always criticized for ill-treating minorities, if we do so- public holidays- it will be a good sign that Pakistan is now being considerate about its minorities.Some of you might say: we cannot afford this good sign at cost of our economy;therefore, i have come with answer in advance. If we are not able to declare these holidays for all Pakistan, then,at least, the community which the event belongs to should be given offical holiday, in all public and private sectors, so that they may celebrate the event. To support this we can take the example of china's two provinces: Ninxia and Xinjiang where three days holidays are given to muslims and one day holiday to non- Muslim; in other provinces where muslims are very few they give official holiday to only muslims.
But what about UK and USA where muslims are not given holiday on the Eve of EID? you are right they are not doing so but they do a lot more for their minorities that Pakistan does not.They have already achieved what Pakistan yet to achieve, i.e a label of being safe place for minorities etc. so there is nothing bad in allowing them to have free day to celebrate their religious or other rituals. By doing so we are doing an other great work too. Because if we allow minorities to celebrate their events, it is possible that taking us as a model UK and US would also decleare holidays for Muslims and Hindus on their respective days.