View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 24, 2016

SYED KAMRAN ALI SHAH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawadhash View Post
I don't think these holidays should be given. Taking from your point, we should do for minorities what USA has done for its minorities. To be clear, I am against holidays altogether except for few necessary ones like Eid and 14th August. It only causes economic losses nothing else. Eid and 14 August are useful as holidays because prior to these events there is a significant surge in economic activity which makes up for the loss suffered during the holidays.

And, I also believe that we should STOP justifying ourselves, our religion and our culture to the westerners. Yesterday, there was an attack on Belgium, as you might be aware. I saw numerous Muslims on Facebook trying to communicate to the westerns that Islam is truly a religion of peace, which it no doubt is. However, I felt pitiful for the present state of Islam and its followers who feel that there is something to be acquired by gaining acceptance westerner's acceptance. I am not a religious man or an extremist, but I wouldn't feel the need to justify this to a westerner who doesn't know a bit about our religion. They were calling all the Muslims savages. They seem to have forgotten their dark ages. We Muslims have reigned over this world for more than 1200 years. Now, just after 350 years something, we are so subjugated that we feel the need to pander to the west and modify our religion for them? I don't feel that need. If the west stop interfering with us, we would probably be the religion of peace we purport to be. We Muslims need to realize that peaks and troughs are a cycle of history, and we surely don't need to base our decisions on western's image of Pakistan or Islam. My brother, there are no universal objective principles, no one can claim to have a grasp over absolute truth except for Allah and same goes for western principles of equality, liberty, democracy etc. No doubt aforementioned principles are laudable and indeed are the most advanced form of ideas humans have conceived UNTIL now. But, they are not absolute or something which cannot be improved upon. We are not at the end of history.
The point of saying all this was, that if we are going to give holidays to please western world, then its better to not give any holidays.

P.S I can't and won't write this opinion in CSS paper :P
One of our grave mistakes is that we do nothing and want to dwell in past. we had reigned all our the world for more than 1200 years; is this means we should take rest now? Or do struggle to ge back our lost heritage: ILM (EDUCATION)? If latter is our choice then we have to look at and learn from the countries, Western or Eastern, which are on high positions at the field(EDUCATION). For this we must establish good relations as well as copy their good virtues.
Now comes to your second point : we must not justify ourself ...... . i dissent from you at this point. Muslims all over the world are in great trouble today. The are considered terrorist, some suggest ban on Muslims in their countries- DONALD TRUMP. The foremost reason for this thought is the propaganda that western media is spreading against Muslims. They shows the terrorists,who consider themselves devoted Muslims, being the real face of Muslims and trying their best to make people agitate against Muslims. They do so because of the anti-west sentiments of the Muslims.The suffering of Muslims will be compounded If educated people in Muslims do not come forward and tell the world that Islam enjoins Peace, tolerance, and Those who carry out the terrorist attacks and kill innocent people have no respect for Islam; that they are doing so for their vested interests; their acts are antithesis to Islam. Now, it is up to you which way you decide to go on: Either continue dreaming about past days, support the acts of terrorists and hate the super powers ,OR come forward and tell the world WE ARE PEACE LOVING PEOPLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkhansaab View Post
If there is a holiday given on Eid, there should be one given on Christmas and Holi.

Personally I believe all these days should be work-days.
What if there is not? Cannot we take any initiative our self ? Or it has become our nature to let other do first then we will start following them. I think it has become our nature. In the field of science and technology have we same thought; this is the reason we, Pakistanis, have almost Zero Contribution in contemporary technology.

Last edited by Man Jaanbazam; Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 01:10 PM. Reason: merge chain posts