View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 31, 2016

xpedior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasar Abbasi View Post
Dear fellows, first of all I congratulate to all of you who have qualified written part of PCS. Several fellows will finally pass the interview and will formally join the provincial services groups as per their merit cum choice.

I qualified PCS 2008 exam with first position and joined Ex-PCS group in 2011 as Assistant Commissioner. I want to share some points of my interview which might be helpful for you.

1) Interview is all about communication skills so you need to have good communication skills. With good communication skills you can convince and motivate anyone and can sell your idea.

2) Choose dress properly. It should portray you as an elegant person.

3) Be confident (not over confident).

4) Don't look frustrated. Few of you might desperately be needing that job and trying very hard (during interview) to get it but during all these efforts you may not answer the questions properly which can lead you to disqualification.

5) you must have information about current national, regional and international major issues. (for this you can refer any leading newspaper. Read its international pages for current information).

Unlike CSS, PCS interview is random and their is no fix recipe to qualify it. However with good knowledge, communication skills and presentation you can qualify it.

I wish good luck to all of you.

Take care.
Can you please tell weightage of CA, EDS, Islamiat, Pak Studies and optionals in interview, if possible?
I mean if there will be half an hour, how much time will be given to each topic during interview by the panel?

Regards and thanking you in anticipation.