View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Zainab S is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursula View Post
I'm on twitter, but unable to exchange because of ma personal matters, and I hope you won't fuss over the issue, dude!
Conflict perspective basically tilted on the same notion, that otherwise differentiated on the basis of outcome, as radical ideology challenges the bureaucratic and world system of governance as exploitative, conflict don't.
Conflict theory talks about the reformative principles while Marxist is radicalist.I mean system of governance as" dictatorship of working class".
Sorry buddy , this time my wifi connection is getting whimiscal,its my third reply (since first two has been lost foreverly)and I hope it can be uploaded.
Oh ok. Twitter just seems more accessible. Sometimes a thought occurs to you or something, easier to rant there than here. Also, this site never loads on mobile network internet so in cases where my DSL is acting up, I can say, hold on, I am alive just net is messed up.

So the whole reason why marxism is not part of conflict theories is that a: it is not reformative and radical in nature and b: it challenges whoever is exploiting the system for their own gains. Right, I guess it makes sense. Thanks.

I moved on to the criminal justice system.
I read 4 types of systems: Crime Control model, Due Process model, Just desert and Administrative model.
I also checked police and its role. But I am little confused here. Do I need to make notes on Police history in UK,USA and Pak? Do I need to memorise police ranks and their domains? Right now I studied very short history of police and then I studied it w.r.t criminal procedure. Like how FIR gets registered and how they move from there and all but as I said I am running in all directions and I guess I wasted few days over it.
Could you help bringing any sense to it?

What did you do regarding Islamic perspective of deviance and crime? I got my hand on a book called Islamic perspective on criminology by professor Aulakh. I found it rather sub-standard. It didn't give any new information.

@civilengineer92 I understand your point, I am like you too in studying but it is such a vast field that I am afraid only multiple books will help and this is so time consuming. So I'd suggest stop looking for that one book and get ready to spend hours reading chapters after chapters from different books. It get frustrating real fast.