View Single Post
Old Monday, April 18, 2016
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold
Default Why I left!

I think Daisy has got me here. Well, I know her for quite some time now and she is one of the most sagacious members of this forum and perhaps the only old one still active.

She has raised a valid question and I would give my reasons for leaving this forum, though she had referred to "prestigious senior members who were once very active on forum", I don't know if I qualify for that criteria or not.

First of all I would cherish the good old days that I have witnessed on this forum, amazing people they were! People like Usman Khalid, Mano g, Invincible, Altaf Sheikh, Tassawer and many others used to be here and we had good discussions. The memories are indelible from my mind and truly ineffable. I myself used to consider this forum a second home of mine. We had very serious debates here with logic and rationale and we used to learn a lot, those who witnessed these debates would still second me about their utility.

Then came a time when some new and junior members joined the forum and they started bullying other members. They were very headstrong and considered themselves as omniscient. Senior members who had established reputation here would refrain from indulging in any debate with them because they had anonymous usernames so they had license to do whatever they wanted to. I would also lament at the indifferent attitude of moderators who remained indifferent when all this was happening.

This was the reason I myself left the forum. It is true that senior members also got busy in their lives but I think visiting the forum once in a week is not difficult. They can make one useful post at least. I personally visit the forum very often but refrain from logging in ipso facto. Same concern was shared with me by a PAS officer who used to be a very active member of this forum. I want to help the new aspirants to the best of my abilities as I have very good memories here, but certainly not at the cost of my self respect by someone with an anonymous username.

Regards,
Bilal Hassan

Last edited by Bilal Hassan; Monday, April 18, 2016 at 07:39 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
Anam Akram (Saturday, April 23, 2016), Ayeshakamal (Saturday, April 23, 2016), Daisy (Monday, April 18, 2016), Invincible (Tuesday, April 19, 2016), mjk66 (Tuesday, April 19, 2016), quantumX (Tuesday, April 19, 2016), sincere khan (Tuesday, April 26, 2016)