View Single Post
Old Monday, April 18, 2016
Banned

ursula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by malikwasif View Post
plz recommend books for criminology
have you fully explore this forum before putting this question.
We already done this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zainab S View Post
I skimmed through them because the outline point asked for police and its role in juvenile and criminal justice system. I took it with respect to how police should go about trials and gathering evidence from FIR to conviction or the end of trial. I also checked prosecution and police's strained relationship but I didn't think that deep analyses of acts was necessary. Could you explain why you thought it was part of the course and did it?
Lol! again either you didn’t comprehend me rightly or am I to you!
Iam not taking the police order 2002 merely within the context of juveniles and justice system.Am taking it in a wholesome perspective.
Let me explain you in detail, what I mean when I was saying that acts are a must read stuff.(I hope this time It will make some sense)
Btw: I love to be positively critice and wherever you redeem me fit in this regard, find me among the brown nosers!
Well, all points are exclusively put on the drawing board by ownself, hence ractify me where it is needed,please!

according to police order act 2002:

1.Responsibilities of police
To protect the life, liberty and property of an ordinary citizens under the constitution(a very simple point , yet having enormous repurcussions)
For example under the act citizens can approach to police for getting relief from the grief, but we know in practice it doesn’t. So there is a good source of argument that police is non cognizant of their own duties. For example ordinary patwari culture is challenging the constitution.
How?
Just imagine about a poor tenant whose land is being grasped by a landlords and through certain manipulations done by the patwars piece of property is legalized to aristocrats, you can gather evidences from southern Punjab and Sindh etc.
Oh yeah no need to mention how angelic Punjab police is with women and children, model town incidence is a case study in this regard!

2.Recuitment process too ambiguous:

Since I already mentioned before that our provinces are divided on the implementation of po act,so as the police officers as well. Since we know Asp is recruited through css exam, and when they are being put in practical field ambiguity of the constitution make them vulnerable too.
we follow old constitution ie po act 1986 in Sindh and Balochistan, while in Kpk and Punjab it is poo2. which divides their power and authority as well.

police order act 1986 restrains progress and promotion of an officer as conditioned to commissioners report creating some loop holes in the system that serves the best purpose of the politicians. Just check out the progressive records of ex iG of Sindh.(We have needed the uniformity of law across the country.)
Moreover, p002, organizes the police according to the functional basis that includes

1. Investigation
2. Intelligence
3. Watch and ward
4. Reserve police
5. Police accountability
6. Personal management
7. Education and training
8. Finance and internal audit
9. Crime prevention
10. Crime against women
11. Traffic planning and management
12. Criminal identification
13. Informational technology
14. Transport
15. Research and Development
16. Legal affairs
17. Welfare
18. Estate manangement
(though it is ambiguous but its implementation is quite questionable)

My analysis:

Investigation mechanism
is obsoleted stock and there are just numbered forensic labs that also lacks legitimate authority. Common paradigm is rape in whose case council of Islamic ideology has already challenged it as ‘unislamic’.

Refer to intelligence,
than who knowst the absolute monarchy of ISI,ooops police is rendered incompetent.
Watch and ward:
I was told it is in practice, but my question- due budget constraint in addition to fulfilling the purpose of politicians.
Police accountability,
good initiative like” Distric Public Safety Commission”/provincial/national as well,again memebers are appointed by the government from amongst the members of the provincial assembly and national assembly of the district concerned.(That’s creates bitter tone for me, as I know how fair and impartial our leaders are really are)
Let me share you commission formed for probing the case of panama papers. it is even headed by “Mam Maryam Nawaz”! how is alleged in white collar crime
lol how fantastic the report would be, just enjoy this good party,
Internal auditing
I don’t know why ma mind is always a strong critique of this word, Once I read auditing book and what I have had concluded that in Pakistan it is a mere pretext to save the grimace of corrupt boggies rather initiate external auditing mechanism in police department.
Cause, if iam in the system than how I can challenge the status quo!

Information and technology
Goood joke, even today FIR are being recorded manually, when we will realize this that we are living in 21st century, and that terrorist are frequently using the advanced webcams and raking devices,(if I do mention than seriously your mind baffle)
One such example is Taliban who vied the intelligence agencies cause of their technological advancement such as night visioned infrared cameras and raking the targeted ………
Research and development
Good part but again under staffing and low budget combined with political affiliation,
Solution is difficult to suggest.(by the way research and development is headed by National Police Bureau-Subordinated unit of National public safety commission) good mcq!

Some suggestions:

Police department must have its own independent body much like that of Our military establishment having the highest ranking authority as the head of Police which is responsible to special commission headed by chief justice of all provinces( I am against the absolute muddling of Prime minister and president, since CSS age realaxation petitions has really baffled ma mind).The aforementioned head of police acts independently act to nominate the officers and their posting mechanism irrespective of political paddlements, at the same time it is being assured that “competent officers” are allowed to work freely taking the brunts of brass at no cost.
Now come to police budget constraints, my best solution is bidding of some tangible stocks in addition to taking soft term loans from international institutions besides getting the expertise of states like USA,England and China;moreover, public and private cooperation is a good option indeed.

Obssessive medling of military institutes have made the system absolutely crippled that needs now a full stop, remember .it’s the responsibility of police to restore peace within the state and army’s final fate is in barricades not the districts and metropolis.
Counter narration and propaganda campaign must be stopped since we know there is such a hyposcrisy in our society that when a police officer is got dead in an encounter is considerd “expired”, while in case of army officers are labeled as “martyr’.
P.S. it doesn’t mean that I have a strong reculsions towards army officers,but atleast we should have needed to accept the others performance as well.Since an army officer has some good fate in case of assassination but police department is left helpless like an orphan .
Pew! bit mad! Sorry I made the story tooo long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zainab S View Post
-Why do we imprison people?
Well,here is the reason,
The main purpose of imprisonment in a humane society is reformation of the criminal, the second is deterrence to other would-be criminals and only thirdly the (temporary) removal from society of a threat. But usually there are better alternatives to prison: especially with young people, it is HUGELY more effective if they can be kept away from the HIDEOUSLY expensive and generally dooming experience of prison. Of course, as with anything, prvention is better than cure: there was a study several years ago which showed that every pound spent on a youth project saved nine pounds in the cost of coping with crime after the criminal was made. Human psychology is what it is and we must account for it: reject someone from society and you have very little chance of preventing their further self-withdrawl. Have policy makers not read Dickens? (!) We have not come so far c.f. report on Birmingham prison this week. Finally, note that, contrary to the rabid fascist healdine-writers at the Mail and Telegraph and News of the World, in a humane society it is profoundly NOT the objective for Justice to meter out vengence. Babylonian eye-for-an-eye sentencing and spectacle has no place in a democracy, or in any Christian country. Sombody should tell the Americans.
Source:oxford university press,by M.B.Drannan

Quote:
Is it successful? does it help people to repent or make them worse? (In our case it makes them turn into hardened criminals esp when it comes to mingling of young criminals with professionals)
Yeah, in Pakistan situation is quite hella heka, and for juveniles I would still rather prefer detention as source of good choice of mine.
Since I know that juvenile delinquents are born and inbred which according to Chicago school of thought is based on wrong trajectories and misguided fantast.By providing the minors education and reformative adaptive behaviors, we can reduce the no of susceptible professional criminals in the future. Consider an x juvenile addicted of heroine, than I am betting without isolation from his/her peers you cant amend the person into a normal entity being.
While In other context owing to overcrowding and rapid diffusion with hard core rascals the situation gets out of the Pandora box.Let me remind you in that particular case the police department has violated the not only the constitution (juvenile justice system of the constitution) but also Convention on children protection.

Quote:
-rehabilitation vs retribution
Hunnnn! very good question, I am love init!
Let me explain you retribution first.
Retribution=tit for tat
Retribution basically works for those hard core criminals to whom state considers great threat for society and their existent without any good punitive punishment means giving a message to other intruders to do so. Like, murderers, rapist, and killers etc.
Well, in police order act 2002, functional specialization means division of police into operation and investigation.Investigative branch collects the evidences and present it in the court,While that of operation branch to prevent the crime.
Now retribution of juveniles is exclusively the case which is dealt in the courts and ngos type of organization.
Here the case of Shafqat Hussain can elaborate you my point prodigiously. Since he is being hanged through judicial proceedings.So retribution is still working for j.d.
Now come to rehabilitation
Rehabilitation works on humanitarian grounds and more acceptable form of punishment in developed and civilized society. That includes training like already mentioned Rational Emotive behavior therapy, treatment of post traumatic stress disorder, and even hospitalization and schooling in case of juveniles.I recommend rehabilitation for 80% juveniles crimes through rehabilitation.
Note:This is the reason why Mr.Altaf Hussain is not being arrested,cause Brits law has a precedence to pay the medical bills in case of prisoners abduction. Well, In Pakistan this example is exclusively linked up with up upper classes like feuds and politicians.
If you need more im ready.

Quote:
- gathered articles on uk prisons, US prisons then model prisons of Sweden and Norway. (again linked to previous prison point)
Ooo! Sweden and Norway are the model countries where crime rate is very low, they are indeed role model for the rest of the world.
Well in USA situation is squarely oblique because of racial factors(like Black panther movement) and Bush doctrine labeled as Patriotic act, I thought no need to mention one of the black hole of USA criminal detention, torturing and killing in the form of” Guantanmo Bay”.Any ways history of USA is my favourite subject that I like the most in CSS exam.
Quote:
-imprisonment issues in Pakistan (over crowding, different classes, budget problems, sexual abuse, diseases, no segregation, paisa bolta hai thus drugs, mobile etc can be provided if you have the dough. Sometimes it is hard for me to differentiate prison from imprisonment. I am considering imprisonment is related to inmates and prisons to procedures and rules but I can be wrong. What do you think?)
I've no choice but to agree with you!
Quote:
-prison officers, their education and training and relation with prisoners
-imprisonment and mental issues (Post incarceration syndrome)
-Rights of prisoners according to UN and Pakistan
-Women prisoners. (I have very little on them)
-Tried to find NGOs that work for prisoners. I found Dost, Sanjog, Society for Human Rights and Prisoners' Aid and a missionary society.
What you want, sorry did not got you correctly

Quote:
so what else? Is it all that there is? I am asking because well I did similar thing with police and its role and you were like no acts are part of it and now I am not sure about anything. lol
.[/QUOTE]
Right now you have gotten why i mentioned laws are important to be studied if not altogether than lil bit.

I hope you will have the stamina to read all this stuff and criticize me where you think its compulsory.
or han itne lambe passage main mistakes ko avoid zrur krna.
The Following User Says Thank You to ursula For This Useful Post:
Zainab S (Monday, April 18, 2016)