Thread: Job description
View Single Post
Old Monday, May 09, 2016

zaindy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkhansaab View Post
No Government job is better than a high-level future in the private sector if you want a comfortable, busy, and financially well-off life - in my humble opinion.

However, if your aim is to make a difference in the society at large, then Government jobs are unmatched.

In the end it depends on what you want from life.
I work in a private firm with a decent salary, quarterly bonus, international trips, corporate dinners at high end restaurants and more. Still, as a private sector employee you have to constantly prove your worth and there is no job security. Even if your salary is in lacs, fuel allowance and EOBI is given etc. in the end, you are making only a handful of people richer with your work. My company is growing 500%+ annually and yet my increment this year was only 50%. This is far above the wildest expectations in the private sector, but still, I am not satisfied. If my handwork is contributing to growth of 500% in dollar terms, is a 50% increase in my salary in Rs. a fair reward?

And you can spend your entire career working and saving yet you will not be able to buy a plot and construct a house at the end of your career. It is not so in govt. commissioned service. Plus, you know you are working for your country rather than any individuals.

If you go abroad and even get citizenahip, you will always be a second class citizen. Particularly given the mass Islamophobia engulfing Europe and many other places. I would love to have a federal government job.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zaindy For This Useful Post:
ishtiaq ishi (Monday, January 16, 2017), kingfalcon (Wednesday, May 11, 2016)