Thread: Hadith
View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 10, 2008
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,975 Times in 838 Posts
Predator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to beholdPredator is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb

(Each one) of you should save himself from the fire by giving even half of a date (in charity). And if you do not find a half date, then (by saying) a pleasant word (to your brethren).
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 394.

It is better for any of you to carry a load of firewood on his own back than begging from someone else.
Riyadh-Us-Saleheen, Chapter 59, Hadith 540

In the name of God, I put my trust in God. O God, I seek refuge in Thee lest I stray or be led astray or cause injustice or suffer injustice or do wrong or have wrong done to me!
Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 2, Number 67b.

Righteousness is good morality, and wrongdoing is that which wavers in your soul and which you dislike people finding out about.
An-Nawawi's "Forty Hadith," Hadith 27.

Do not turn away a poor man...even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you...God will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection.
Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376.

Avoid cruelty and injustice...and guard yourselves against miserliness, for this has ruined nations who lived before you.
Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 203.