View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 12, 2008
Royal Queen of Literature
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationModerator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2008Gold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: More than 5 years of dedicated services

Thanked 15,848 Times in 5,006 Posts
Last Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardom

@ Mayna Khan
Quote:
we admit that we are Muslims by default (becous we were born in a Muslim family) like 90% of the population but did Not know who the Muslims were?

What made me stunned was this point. I believe everybody knows who Muslims were and are, How they were made and Who made them through what source.
Quote:
What were thay supposed to do?
All know this too that they were supposed to Believe in One God, His Holy Book, His Prophets, Angels, The Doomsday and to follow His instructions as described in Holy Quran and Sunnah of Hazrat Muhammad (SAW).
Quote:
Why were thay declared a superior Nation?
Because they are followers of the Only True Religion.
Quote:
Why did Muslims become what thay became?
Pardon?
Quote:
Why have we lost our Superiority over others?
They haven’t lost superiority over others. They will remain superior as long as they are Muslims. They have only brought disgrace to themselves by succumbing to the infidels.
Quote:
I used to say my Prayers but never knew,Why
Allah (SWT) has told us in the Qur’aan that He created us for the sole purpose of ‘ibaadah:

“And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except li-ya’budoon [for ‘ibaadah].” (Adh-Dhaariyaat, 51:56)

It was ur parents duty to teach and preach you since ur very childhood and then in ur adulthood it was ur duty to acquire knowledge about Islam.
Quote:
Like the majority, I also never took Pride in being a Muslim.
Its your fault if you never did so but cant really claim that majority do not take pride in being a Muslim. You have got the replies of some members and they shared what they know about religion and they have knowledge just because they are proud to be a Muslim.
Quote:
In my childhood i could not make any Muslim role models.there was a big contradiction between what was there in a Holy Quran and what i saw in my daily life.
Did you yourself tried to follow the instructions? Look within yourself before blaming others.
Quote:
Like majority of Muslims i also used to get impressed by Europeans,their truth,cleanliness,manners,etiquettes,politeness,ho nesty,ablities,efficiency,working habits,their lifestyle,their courtesy,respect for other rights,their respect for senior citizens and disabled,their patience,orderliness,smiles,discipline,and what not.
These are the characteristics told by Allah Almighty in the Quran and in Bible as well. Difference is that they are following them and we are not.

Quote:
when we grew up and went to the college,we were taught books written by American and European authers that Reinforced the childhood myth that they were better educated and Knowledgeable and so we read their books.
Very well answered by Surmout
Quote:
i looked around many times but could not find any person to make a role model.
Do you need to look around? Aint Holy Prophet (SAW) enough? What about Khulafa e Rashideen, Sahaba Karam, Auliya Karam?

@ Redrose

Quote:
There is no need to be so stunned……………We must admit that this is the dilemma of whole new generation of Muslims in every country (Including where Muslims are not in majority).
Disagree with the term “whole new generation”.
Quote:
Yes our elders have been totally failed in teaching us what Muslims were and why they were superior?
The best way to escape is to blame others and our elders for everything. Truth is that the some of us are too stubborn to learn anything from them considering them conservative and by saying “aap ko to kuch pata hi nahin hai”.

Quote:
“Even in Masajids our Ulemas (mostly so called molvis) have been failed to present true picture of Islam. I have visited and attended many religious speeches but didn’t found even a single alim who can tell how to balance Deen and Dunya.”
I will not say anything about Ulamas but the Khateebs and Maulanas of our age have lost the true spirit.
Quote:
If someone is concerned over this statement then tell me if Salat protects you from wrong doings and absurd things then go on streets and see what the situation really is.
I believe it protects and I m safe from many evil things since I remain in ablution the whole day and whenever something bad happens intentionally or unintentionally, my conscience keeps on rebuking me unless I invoke Divine forgiveness and recite Astagfaar. The situation of streets cannot be changed by my prayers alone.

Quote:
Prayer is the medium of communication with Allah. Tell me how many of us have talked to Allah through this medium?
I do. I talk to Him and I receive His answers in my Dreams.
Quote:
Proud Muslims………….. Do we know what makes a Muslim proud?
Islam makes me proud. My Prophet makes me proud.

Quote:
How many non Muslims accept Islam by seeing acts of musalman?
So many.
Quote:
Statistics tells us that entire Muslim world is blessed with plenty of natural resources, unparalleled talent but we are no where in world.
Allah says in Holy Quran:

Do they not look at the sky above them? How We have built it and adorned it, and there are no rifts therein? And the earth -- We have spread it out, and set there on mountains standing firm, and caused it to bring forth plants of beauteous kinds (in pairs). And We send down from the sky blessed water whereby We give growth unto gardens and the grain of crops. And tall palm-trees, with shoots of fruit-stalks, piled one over another. (Surah Qaf, 6-7, 9-10).

Allah Almighty (is) mentioning:

"Wa sakhara lakum ma fi-s samawati wa ma fi-l ard jami'ana"

"O! mankind, o My servants! I am giving to you an authority for using (it for) what you are in need."

As the above verses imply, the Qur'an always urges people to think, to reason and to explore everything in the world in which they live. Allah created this universe to be explored. How much we did? Just like every question has some marks in exams, likewise every instructions prescribed in Holy Quran has some marks; for Salah, for Zakat, for every good deed, for exploration, for acquiring education, for Rizq e Halal, for our duties towards parents, towards neighbours, towards strangers, towards poors and there is negative marking also. Out of 100 how many marks are we getting daily?

Mostly our focus is on Prayers. Say them five times a day and u r done. No my dear countrymen. No doubt the first question will be about Salah but It is not everything. We are ordered and bound to do so many things which we have neglected, or we are not interested in or we are ignorant of. Read Quran with translation and tafseer, read good religious books available in the market, seek for knowledge, try to grab something real. We all try to get good education but never craved for knowledge and lack of knowledge is the major cause of our downfall.

@ Mayna Khan

Quote:
So the image i had about Muslims was based on what i saw.
More than Holy Quran, you believed in what you saw.. Who is responsible?

Last edited by Last Island; Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 07:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Last Island For This Useful Post:
mayna khan (Sunday, July 13, 2008)