View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 13, 2008

Surmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the roughSurmount is a jewel in the rough
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaas Ruby
salam to allllllllllllll

there are tons of questions puzzling me

are there any pre requisites or background needed if i go for art subjects like journalism, sociology, ir etc???? cos as i think if i opt for physics i must know newton's laws of motion atleast.............................

i mean can i chose any subject i want even without background knowledge for them????

and how much time extra time is required to bring myself to the required level as a novice to such subjects???

pls seniors and respected cspz do guide me through this issue.

regards
WAS
Dear Ruby....CSS, as you know is a examination system for those persons who think (and they are sure) that they would surely compete the others. They have developed their interest in some subjects since their childhood. When they get their graduation (or more) degree, they want to show that they are the best and can not only compete but also can go more steps ahead. For this purpose, they need the high professional command on their respected fields i.e their subjects.

How much would one have degrees of Masters? One, Two, Three? After that s/he would have to opt the other subjects as you have been told earlier. But here one would have to pot such subjects in which one is having basic command or at least the interest. This interest can be develop by having a bird view of Past papers.
  • However, there are some subjects which don't require a proper background just a cleared-concept, Journalism (100) and Sociology (100) are amongst those.
  • Some Subjects are such one, which you use to to study since your school-age. Indo-Pak history (200) is a very good example. Islamic History & Culture (200) can be one as well but it needs proper study of culture, Turkish history towards Europe, history of Baghdad, achievements of Muslims in Arts and Architectures, and impact of ISLAM on Modern world etc.
  • One of Regional Languages (100) can be opted as a subject.
  • Some subjects have inter-relationship in preparation, for example Pakistan Affairs(Compulsory) has with Indo-Pak history(200). International Relations (100) with European history (200)

I wish you a good luck.

Regards

Last edited by Surmount; Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surmount For This Useful Post:
Almaas Ruby (Tuesday, July 15, 2008)