View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Revboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qasim Rabbani View Post
Interview Panel was consisted of 3 members.(1 from (Director) FBR and 2 from FPSC) They were very friendly and decent.
Medium of Interview: English (Compulsory)
(Because when I started in Urdu he said please answer in English. I would appreciate you if you speak in english.)
Introduction
What is the difference between World Bank & IMF?
Per Capita Income?
Tax to GDP Ratio?
Type of Taxes?
How many ports are in Pakistan?
What are the ports between Pak & Iran?
What are the ports between Pak & Afghanistan?
Custom Area?
Under what act, Sales tax, Income tax, Excise duty,Custom duty are levied?
What are the remittances? What's it current value?(value was in millions. He said Convert it into billions)
Economic problems of Pakistan?
What is Economy?
Economics is a Greek word. Do you know what is that word and what it means?
How can we make our economy stable?
What is PCT? What it deals with?
What is Elasticity of Tax?
What is Sales Tax?
What is the difference between Cess, Tax and duty?
What is the difference between Tax and Fee?
What is the difference between taxation and custom duty Slabs?

Note: You Should also prepare current affairs of Pakistan because they are asking about Current Speakers,Chief secretaries from some candidates.
They asked subjected related from almost each candidate. 1 candidate had the L.L.B degree, the whole interview discussion kept revolved around his subject. They also asked a candidate about his domicile district related information.
Here I would suggest you, in my view, to prepare. You must prepare the following things:
1) subject related (About Your Latest Degree)
2) Basic and important terms Regarding Customs & Tax(You do not need to go through the whole Customs Act and memorize it but you should know at least basic information about customs & Tax)
3) Current affairs of Pakistan Only (Yesterday, They asked about current chief Secretaries of different provinces. The day before that day, they asked about current speakers. So they might change their strategy for tomorrow.
4) You must have some basic information about your domicile district. Although they did not ask it from everyone. Only 1 or 2 cases.

In the end, I would say that most of the interview discussion revolves around Subject related(your latest degree) and Job related (Basic customs & Tax terms). So prepare these two well. In Shaa Allah you will get through the interview easily.

I hope this sharing would be helpful for some candidates who are being interviewed in the upcoming days. Very Best of Luck for My All those Brothers & Sisters.
Dear bro!
thank you so much for sharing your interview experience in such elucid way.
I've few questions. It would be very kind of you if you throw light on those.
1. How much time your interview last? Approximately.
2. Were all the candidates ( or the ones whom you met) asked same no. Of questions or interviewed for approximately same time period?
3. What if someone is weak at spoken English? Is it going to cost him or her a great deal?
4. Were they doing cross questioning?
Your precious advice and guidance can be of tremendous help for the candidates who are still not done with interview.
Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Qasim Rabbani (Thursday, June 09, 2016)