View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 25, 2016

ThroneDeserter is on a distinguished road

It is never about the institution you do your masters from, but how you do it, how much energy do you invest in it, and how much extra-curricular stuff can you read.

Getting a job, being able to communicate in the language of your choice - both, depend upon what YOU do in an institution and not upon (entirely) the institution of your choice. NUML is an excellent place to do your post-graduation from, but again, you could do your masters from PU, GCU or any other place and still be as good, or even better than a student who did his or her masters from NUML.

My point is, don't worry about the institute, any reputed one will do, just be passionate about the subject.

To get selected as a lecturer (via PPSC), you need nothing but honest effort on your part. Never settle for the "notes" - read the original, and unabridged primary material, make notes yourself. Never rely on "guess" papers, ir limit your study to a few questions in order to clear the exam. If you ever come across something that you have no idea about, pause, and look for it online.

The things that are asked in the test (of PPSC) are more or less always taken from the general syllabus of masters level course. The things which aren't "exactly" from the syllabus are the reason you need to read books that aren't part of your course.

Read. Read. Read.

I got selected as a lecturer (Batch 2016), I am in the top 10, and that's all I ever did.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThroneDeserter For This Useful Post:
MazharCheema (Wednesday, March 08, 2017)