Thread: Beginner's Woes
View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 21, 2016

syedarsalan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattashah View Post
Respected Members,

As for preparing for CSS-2017, I am completely at a loss. Since I am attempting for the first and last time. I am confused how should I begin. As for English proficiency, I am relaxed as I have already worked on it.

But I am beginner in terms of attempting. Please advise me from where should I start keeping in view the 5 months I have.

Should I start from past papers?

The basic tips to crack the exam and your strategy/Plan will be lifeline for me.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Regards,
Please visit the "Tips and Experience Sharing" section and its subsection "Arena of Golden Tips" to know about the strategies and study plans of successful candidates who are serving as CSPs today. I hope this will clear most of your confusions.

You have not mentioned if you have already selected your optional subjects and if you possess the relevant study material (books, notes etc.) or not. If you have done these things, there is nothing to wait for. Download the syllabus from FPSC website. Pick a subject to start with, say Pakistan Affairs. Get yourself familiar with the topics included in syllabus. Go through at least ten past papers. Open the book and start reading.