View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 03, 2008

pmsofficer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up In Response to Mumtaz

Hi Mumtaz I appreciate your patience! Infact I floated this question not to confuse others about the prospects of becoming a CSP. I endorse the list of reasons for becoming a CSP that you have narrated. But this points to some of the grimful realities of our social fabric that we strive to be CSPs to attain power. But how much power? and against whom? Do we become oblivious to the fact that those against whom we are accumulating power are also humans and above all our country men, for their welfare we commit ourselves, as you pointed out " sense of doing something for the nation". It is also ironic that our society assigns respect to some one who is weilding so called power and not to some one who actually deserves it otherwise. Yar what wrongs have committed those teachers and professors, research associates, scientists, social scientists and the likes that we consider them to be third or gradually fourth class citizens. Although in almost all the developed world these people are given first class citizens status in recognition of their services for the actual welfare of the society in tangible terms. I dont know how much is your exposure to the CSP class when they sit in their offices. You might have observed that they sit like the superior most progeny of Adam. Is this what is needed? Is this what we call serving our nation? The facade of national service is cast to the four winds once we settle down in our official chairs. Once we join the cadre of this so called upper or powerful class criterion of excellence changes. What I am trying to figure out is the harsh reality that we as a nation have acquired the traits of hypocritical nature where we our talks and walks donot match each other. This has cost us badly and we have reached the present state of affairs where our state as an entity is at stake in itself so what to talk of aggrendising more and more power and earning respect in a society which is sliding into abyss! You, Me and many of our likes are helpless because unfortunately this (CSS) is the only option available to the educated youth of this 160 million nation. Others sectors have not or have not been allowed to devlop as they should have. So CSS is the only thing that cosumes some fortunates. Those who can not get through are again left at the mercy of otherwise very merciless society. Yar I fail to understand that why our youth is not taking unto itself the task of charting out a different and yet promising track for our nation. Many things are required to be done in this globalised world to win our country a respectable status. Many other avenues are available at global level where our youth can play a significant role. But we are not ready to compete for them. Oh yes, please do not take me a passimist or demotivator. I am sharing my views and you have every right to stick to yours. However as a pebble in a vast occean me and my family has started a campaign. To make it successful we need your help.

Last edited by Sureshlasi; Sunday, August 03, 2008 at 01:46 PM.