View Single Post
Old Friday, August 12, 2016
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Nazish Hina is on a distinguished road

GRE wordlist of course!
Reading Dawn is important for current affairs but it alone won't cut it. I recommend GRE wordlist app by magoosh, if you own an android phone.It has fun sentences. It was really helpful.There was another app "Painless roots". Magoosh's GRE flashcards are also available online if you (Or anyone else who reads this answer) don't have an android phone.

I didn't do this revise, revise thing because I had so many subjects to prepare and I'm super lazy and too undisciplined to pull this off. I started the wordlist a month before exams.
But still,
Do not, I repeat, Do not make your own wordlist. it's a HUGE time suck.
a)You'll have to find a GRE word from an article. (There aren't many)
b) You'll have to look up the word
c) You'll have to write the word and the meaning, either on your pc or on your notebook.
d) You'll have to learn from it. SNOOZE!
It is a time waster. We can't, under any circumstances, spend an hour reading the newspaper. Especially if you're reading one international and one local.

One more thing read, read whatever interests you. Fiction, non-fiction, old Sherlock Holmes stories. That's the only way to really expand your vocabulary.

Pro Tip: Only read the headlines of dawn, don't open them and only open editorials and columns, if something is really important, it'll reach there.

Enjoy the prep.
Sheihryar Asif (Saturday, January 07, 2017)