View Single Post
Old Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maria khan is on a distinguished road
Arrow Petrol Crossings

Pakistan daily purchase 1 million and ninety two thousand barel crude oil from world market. This crude oil being brought to oil refinaries of Pakistan through ships. Refinaries refine oil that turns into petrol and go to the petrol pumps. If we consider the government calculations upright and if we consider that Pakistan purchases most costly oil in this world, it gets 40$ per barel crude oil that when get refined and turns into petrol has price of 19.99Rs per liter (this is the government price that we get from government documents). In this 19.99Rs crude oil, transportation , costs of refinary and government profits also contained. When this petrol comes out from refinary , our government put its tax on it that is of 22.50Rs.
A liter petrol has 88 paisa custom and exice duty, 9.30Rs PDL (petroleum development levi), 1.48Rs distribution margin, 1.69Rs dealer’s comission, 3.52Rs rent 5.53Rs general sales tax on it. Due to all these blessings the 19.99Rs petrol reaches to people in 42.39Rs per liter. If government finishes only PDL and general sales tax then by this the petrol cost can be reduced up to 15Rs.
If u buy petrol wether from Karachi or Gilgit you will find the same price that is 42.39Rs. government takes 3.52Rs per liter rent and uptill now nobody have this rent formula, 60% petrol has sold in Pakistan’s 5 cities which are Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Sialkot and Faisalabad. These 5 cities are very closed from oil refinaries thats why the government do not have to pay much rent for sendind petrol over there.
After this we have areas of Balochistan and NWFP, then further ahead we have frontier and tribal areas. So obviously great amount is required for sending petrol over there.Now the question arises that if these areas far from oil refinaries but along with this the petrol demand over there is also less, if we take out the ratio of petrol demand in those areas we came to know that they are 1% of that of petrol that is used in Karachi, but we take 3.52Rs/lt rent from Gilgit and Scardo citizens as well and so from the petrol pumps which are present at the gate of refinaries, the petrol that is smuggled from Iran is sell in Quetta and Gawader in 20Rs/lt.Government need 3 or 4 days to bring petrol in these areas and definetly it required great amount.
If we make a sort of tradind compromize with Irani government by which Iran can give petrol to Balochistan then by this the baloch people can get petrol in cheap rate and in less time as well. Petrol can reach from Zahidan to Quetta within few hours and in two hours from Bandar Abbas to Gawader, in virsus of this 3 or 4 days are required to send petrol from Karachi to Quetta, same situation is with our tribal areas too, they smuggle petrol from Kabul they get petrol in 15Rs/lt. Our government can buy petrol from Afghanistan for tribal areas by this the smuggling can be demolished, our government will get taxes because of this trade and the peopple of tribal areas can have petrol in cheap rate.
If smugglers can get petrol from Iran and afghanistan then why do not the government?
But this thing should not be approved by the government because petrol is that product that is used in great wide extent in Pakistan, so whenever it get necessary our sweet government enhance the tax on it and fill its treasure.

Countries have two sorts of taxes, direct and indirect taxes, government direct taxes from people’s income and properties while indirect taxes are picked by black mailing them on the basis of their needs.
My government do not get direct taxes because those people on which it is must are very strong and powerful, number of tax hunters belong to our government thats why those who receive taxes cannot reach to their doors. So after all this the indirect tax option is left, government sectors use this option with open heart and petrol is one of those options through which government sucks billion of rupees from people’s veins.
You can observe the dark wickedness in this countryby this that a billionair gives 22Rs/lt in excess and so do a workerwho earns 150Rs by working 12 hours on daily wages, a man who has 20 years old bike also gives the amount for petrol that the owner of 5 billion rupees car gives…………………..wow, what should i say in the praise of this dark land?
Here comes another turn in petrol, that is our goverment use 30% of petrol that it gets free. There are two levels in government one who serve the government and second are those who are politicians and rulers, government servents get free petrol every month according to their posts, it stars from 200 to 500 liters montly, but as far as rulers are concern they are free from such sort of limitations, fedral and regional ministers can get free petrol as much as they want every month, the subjective bill is payed by citizens. So whether the petrol is of 20Rs or of 500Rs the fogure do not effect the health of those people who are connected with government. Since past little period, some department and sectors had ,ade changes in this law, accprding to which they give required cash to the officers for e.g if someone needs 400 liter petrol every monththen the corresponding department where the subject works will give the money according to the desired extent of petrol. So by the blessing of this law, whenever the price of petrol increases the income of those people also increases (great propotionality).
A person told me that six months later he took 12,000Rs for petrol but from in this month he get 17,000Rs. I asked that “how much petrol you used for ur car?”, he said, “only of that of 2,000Rs”. I really get astonished so he said, “I don’t need it as my family live in Karachi and I’m alone here in Islamabad, I go to my office in morning and then return in evening, so its all that I need for petrol”, I said, “the increment in petrol prices really gives you great profit.”. That person laugh and said, “don’t you know food of a grave digger depends on the dead, where people die more the digger turns prosperous.”, I laughed too and praise his humor.