View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Banned

First-down is on a distinguished road

Hi Ruby,
Gotch ya,u know same was the case wid me when I started newspapers/books a couple of months bak but now thanx few tips I hardly feel any problem and instead enjoy reading news from two important perspectives and that too in a jiffy, particularly Voc enhancement and info-gathering.Although u hv already been helpd out to great extent by guys here, I wd also like to add s’thng which I deem impo enf

*Voc addition:
Keep a note book always with ya while reading newsppr/book.As soon as u encountr a dfficlt word/phrase/idiom/expression, just jot it down along with full-stop to full stop sentence.Don’t rush for dictionary. Continue reading and jotting down till you find newpaper/book annoying enough. Now get a gud dictionary like bbc/oxford learners one, and find out the meaning n dictionary usage b4 going to bed of all the jotted down words during the reading episode of day,etc .Note’em down as well. Also note pronunciation and compare the usage of the same.

Make it a habit to start the day with a cup ov coffee and ur notebook in hand.Now will start absorption phase/memorizing, and that would be unconscious enough, cuz while going thru ur note book, u will also recall the contexts where u encounterd those bamboozling words,etc. Rushing for dictionary while reading newspaper particularly spoils both reading ka maza and voc-addition cuz the sequence of thoughts gets intrppted.With each day,u’ll find that in less n lesser time u get max outta ur newspaper reading.

*Facts/Figures Collection:
Get few plastic files.Cut the most informative articles and properly file them in different files.Like one file on national economy,one on international economy,one on islamiat,one on sociology and social problems like population,corruption,n so on..Read them again and again till you feel as if jus by seeing their titles u come to recall of all tht lies inside.

By going that way within a month u will start improving both ur voc n by filing improtrnt articles at least u wd feel comforted wid the idea that u got them in ur kitty n when ever those needed or u relaxed go 4 ‘em. KAISA??
Huuh,kaafi lamba lecture lugta hay per apki confusion dekh ker muje apni baat yaad aa gayee k kyun na apni private trick aapko bata he duun,shayad kuchh mushkil aur aasan ho jaey..

Starred-luck n Bbbye