View Single Post
Old Friday, September 09, 2016

Hanain Agha Qureshi is on a distinguished road
Smile Subject selection: Your valuable opinions needed. :)

Hello everyone. I hope all of you are fine and are preparing at your fullest for your CSS Examinations. I wish the very best to all the aspirants for their CSS Exams.
I will just cut to the chase, i am willing to appear in CSS Examinations and i have chosen the following subjects based on research on this forum as well as online interviews from CSPs:

1. International Relations (200)
2. Public Administration (100)
3. Gender Studies (100)
4. Sindhi (100)
5. US History (100)
I am from an engineering background and about to complete my graduation, as you can see i have not chosen a single subject related to my career background.

1. I wanted to ask whether i should go with this combination. Are these subjects doable? Considering the fact that i have no familiarity with those subjects. Will they 'assist' me getting good marks?
2. I am also thinking of opting International Law (100) as it would help me with International Relations. I am not sure which subject should i replace it with. Should i stay with the combination or replace a subject with I. Law?
3. How much time it will require so as to cover the complete course?
4. Suggestion for books for optional/compulsory subjects will be highly appreciated. If you have PDF please share the link or provide me your email so that i can take them from you.

Thanks in advance. Your valuable information and opinions mean a lot to me. I will really thankful if any CSPs could answer my questions.