View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 02, 2016
The TechGeek
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,178 Times in 888 Posts
incounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohsinali303 View Post
Hi intercountable.

If a person is born on 31 dec 1986 he will be exactly 30 years on cutt off date.he will eligible or not
He will be eligible as the Rule says:

A candidate for admission to the examination must have attained the age of 21 years and not over 30 years on 31st December, 2016 (i.e. a candidate born on or before 31st December 1986

One can be 30 but not over 30 so yes he is eligible.

Update: I just applied with a redundant profile for CE-17 and added 31st Dec 1986 as DoB and guess what the online application portal declined my application on the basis of over the age limit. So this confirms one thing that when you turn 30 its over for CSS. Though according to the CE-17 Rules, one should be 30 or less than 30 on 31st Dec 1986, but that's not the case the online portal is rejecting this rule. I'll email this issue to FPSC and will respond back here to update abut it.

JazakAllah

Last edited by incounternable; Monday, October 03, 2016 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Added update