View Single Post
Old Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Groovy Huss is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions for national/international newspapers (for Editorials/Opinions)

Hello

As an ACCA Member and BSc Applied Accounting graduate, I have finally made up my mind to appear for CSS exams this coming February. I appreciate the fact that I have no more than 4 months left to prepare myself for the competitive exam so it makes subject selection quite important.

Since I have selected subjects like International Relations, International Law and History of USA, the importance of newspaper reading is two-fold I believe. However, since the time I am left with is no more than 4 months, I plan to limit myself to no more than 2 national and 2 international newspapers.

Having said that, I would really like to have suggestions for two national newspapers and two international newspapers that I should read the Editorials/Opinion pieces from.

The suggestions I had in a trial class at a nearby National Officers Academy were as follows:

National:
1) Dawn
2) The Friday Times

International:
1) Foreign Policy
2) The Economist
3) Wall Street Journal

I would really like to know if the formula of reading two national and two international newspapers for editorials and opinion pieces only would suffice or if I should look at more/less number of newspapers instead?
More importantly, I would really like to know if you would suggest any other newspapers instead.

Thank you.