Islamic Studies 51

International Relations
Paper A 59
Paper B 34
Business Administration 48
Gender Studies 69
Criminiology 30 (Failed)
Sociology 45

Failed by 3 marks in an optional. They even misspelled Criminology in the DMC sheet D:

A fail is a fail though, so no bickering about it. Strangely enough, it was the compulsory I had studied the most for (factual knowledge i.e).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaindy View Post
This is kind of worrying

You studied the most for criminology yet failed to pass. I have this subject for CE-17. What do you think went wrong? Kindly provide a critical analysis of your attempt of criminology. Also, share the same for business administration.

The process is blind. It doesn't see what you scored in all other subjects. This is the only way to ensure impartiality. There is a significant luck factor though, but ultimately you have to play by the rules of the system.
Criminology was relatively easy, given the broad nature of the questions asked. As always, I approached the paper from different angles while not drifting too far away from the core subject itself.
MCQs were really easy too compared to all other subjects; very straight forward and from the syllabus itself.

My education thus far has been fairly decent in my opinion (O/A levels and then BBA from the top institutes of the country). In the 28 years of my existence, I know when I should fail and when I shouldn't.

I can confidently say that i should NOT have failed in criminology. Maybe a fail in IR paper 2, sure - I'd accept that. Maybe even a close call in Gender Studies, but nah, aced it somehow.

From my point of view, knowing my caliber and mistakes, I know there is foul-play at work when it comes to failing people with 2-3 marks in only one subject.

Check out the criminology marks' thread. Everyone has scored over 55+ (usually 60+) marks. I'm the only one who failed in that optional. It seems like a scoring subject. So I'd go with it regardless.

Just know that it is very obvious (like an open secret of sorts) that FPSC filters the top 10%-ish by randomly eliminating the people who 'passed' the exam to make the process easy/cheaper/faster for themselves.
I stated the same in another thread. More people, with sources, have said the same in other threads, year after year. Not only those who failed, but even those who passed. Sadly, we have no proof.

No loss for FPSC though - they still get to interview the people who passed anyway, losing the chance to interview a 'few' others who may or may not be better than those who were randomly passed for the interview stage.

I am not bitter over my result. In fact, life is good MA. CSS is a process of elimination and I can live with their methods; I don't agree with them, but I can accept them on a personal level.

Most of us have 3 attempts anyway. Chances are, if you're good enough and really want to be a CSP, you should be able to clear the exam three times. And one of those times, your name would randomly be cleared to appear on the list.